Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Time for low temps? Freeze warning

Posted by esh_ga z7 GA (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 25, 08 at 23:19

The 10 day forecast shows a low of 32 Monday night and a low of 28 Tuesday night for my area.

Be sure to check the weather and bring in tender things as needed. I need to make some room in the garage!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Time for low temps? Freeze warning

• Posted by rjinga middle ga, zone 8 (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 27, 08 at 17:32

esh,
can things just be covered over is the temps in our area will drop below 40 if only for a few hours? I would hate to lose stuff, but I also would hate to bring it all in, IF covering would be sufficient.

o

If your area is not dropping to 32 degrees, I'd say there's a good chance you can get away with covering. However, this night-time cold spell looks to last for several days.

What kinds of stuff are you talking about?

o

• Posted by rjinga middle ga, zone 8 (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 27, 08 at 19:38

Green peppers, basil, tom's, okra, eggplant, that is what is in my garden. Then I have ferns and some other tropicals *plumeria, mandevilla's, pineapple, citrus, begonias, hibiscus, on my patio/deck.

o

Eggplant, peppers, basil and okra are quite touchy about temps. Tropicals will be fried. Don't monkey with the tropicals lower than 45 degrees. Generally, they don't like it much lower.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here