Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pabloverde

JAWS Nursery-Conifers, Maples and Goodies

pabloverde
14 years ago

For a long time I had really wanted to get out to Just Add Water's rare plant nursery out in Conyers. Why did I wait so long?

I braved the threat of rain last weekend to make the trip. You will know that you have found something special when you pull in the driveway. If you are into specialty conifers, japanese maples and just really cool stuff, this is the place. (Where else will you find, not just one dwarf Ginko tree, but several different varieties and sizes)? If it has needles and isn't sold at any of the typical nurseries, they'll have it.

When you arrive you will meet Jody, the proprieter. He was a great source of knowledge and very friendly. Then you can start by wandering through a huge garden filled with what must be over a thousand unusual plants. When you get to the back area you will find a nursery with thousands more plants of all sizes for sale. Abies, Acer, pinus, chamercyparis, etc. in variations of standard, varigated, weepingÂyou name it. Among other things I bought dwarf varieties of a Ginko, weeping Parrotia, a red bark Linden tree and a beautiful blue variety of Pinus parviflora.

Definitely worth the trip if you like foliage more than flowers and want something different.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Countertop company in Loudoun County, VA