Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
JAWS Nursery-Conifers, Maples and Goodies

Posted by pabloverde Z7 Atanta GA (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 6, 09 at 13:19

For a long time I had really wanted to get out to Just Add Water's rare plant nursery out in Conyers. Why did I wait so long?

I braved the threat of rain last weekend to make the trip. You will know that you have found something special when you pull in the driveway. If you are into specialty conifers, japanese maples and just really cool stuff, this is the place. (Where else will you find, not just one dwarf Ginko tree, but several different varieties and sizes)? If it has needles and isn't sold at any of the typical nurseries, they'll have it.

When you arrive you will meet Jody, the proprieter. He was a great source of knowledge and very friendly. Then you can start by wandering through a huge garden filled with what must be over a thousand unusual plants. When you get to the back area you will find a nursery with thousands more plants of all sizes for sale. Abies, Acer, pinus, chamercyparis, etc. in variations of standard, varigated, weepingyou name it. Among other things I bought dwarf varieties of a Ginko, weeping Parrotia, a red bark Linden tree and a beautiful blue variety of Pinus parviflora.

Definitely worth the trip if you like foliage more than flowers and want something different.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: JAWS Nursery-Conifers, Maples and Goodies

What is the common name to the P.parviflora?

o
RE: JAWS Nursery-Conifers, Maples and Goodies

Japanese White Pine. Lots of varieties. The one I purchased is 'Adocks Dwarf'.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here