Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Puerto Rican Plants

Posted by vroomp z7Ga (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 7, 09 at 21:51

We just returned from a week in Puerto Rico and I am still suffering from plant overload. I thought I would see how many of these plants you guys had names for before I start searching the internet for them.

I figure this last one must be some kind of Ginger but, the flower was like wax.

The entire island is one giant postcard. The west coast.

Every place we went produced another fantastic view. The southern coast.

The east coast.

The north coast.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Puerto Rican Plants

Vroomp
Don't know the names of any of the plants, but they are just beautiful! Looks like a gorgeous place to visit!

o

The third red spikey plant is red firespike.They are all pretty.Debbie

o

Hi Brad,

The ginger pictured (5th picture) is Red Torch Ginger (Etlingera elatior)

We have two major deployments going on at work right now, one in Puerto Rico and another in Madrid. They haven't shipped me out for either, but the pics make me want to go to Madrid.

The plants climbing down the coast in the 2nd to last photo look like kalanchoe luciae, or some other similar kind of kalanchoe.

No clue on the others, off the top of my head.

Hope all is well!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here