Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
esh_ga

Holiday Gift ideas for the Gardener

Iris GW
13 years ago

Are gardeners tough to shop for? I'd say "sometimes". I mean, who couldn't use another pair of gloves? I especially like the kind that can be thrown in the wash (so all suede gloves are out for me); those new ones with the nitrile (?) coating are nice.

But beyond gloves and gift cards to nurseries, it might be harder to think of things. Indoor plants are nice ... but some people have pets or kids and would rather not have them.

As many of you know, I'm very active in a plant society; I was recently talking with the outgoing president of another plant society (in Georgia) and we were comparing notes on the drop in membership that both groups have seen during the drought and the recession. Therefore, I'd like to throw out there the idea that you could give a fellow gardener a one year membership in a plant society that they might be interested in. From meetings to newsletters, these plant societies do provide some good information to members and the public at large. Some memberships are as low as $15 a year for seniors.

What other ideas do you have gifts for gardeners?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz