Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Free tree removal?

Posted by mad_gardener 7A, GA (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 14, 08 at 23:17

Does anyone know of any free tree removal services in Bartow County, GA?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Free tree removal?

are the trees already down and do you just need them taking away or do the trees need to be cut down? How many of them are there and what kind of tree are they?

o

It's just one tree. The tree is still alive & well. To be honest I'm thinking that I'll just have to hire a company to take it down, because I live in a subdivision where the houses are pretty close together, so I'd need to make sure they were fully insured in case something were to go awry.

o

It's just one tree. The tree is still alive & well. To be honest I'm thinking that I'll just have to hire a company to take it down, because I live in a subdivision where the houses are pretty close together, so I'd need to make sure they were fully insured in case something were to go awry.

o

I have about 15 or 20 maybe more very large pinetrees I wanted to see if some one would take the trees as payment for removing them

o

Ads for free stuff are usually free. We ran an ad for three poorly placed very large spruce trees, and a lanscape contractor came with a huge tree spade, and plucked them out, and even brought a spade full of dirt back each trip, to fiil the holes. We were both happy to recycle them, after seeing someone down the street cut a bunch down. A free ad is your best bet.

o

Unless the tree(s) is very valuable and easy to knock down,
I dont think anybody will do it free of charge. A professional tree service crew with shreder truck.. costs hundreds of dollars for a small job. The wood(if good hard wood) is not worthed that much to them. They have to split them, stack them, dry them and then find buyers for it.

o

You are very wise to look for someone who is insured if it is close to any homes. Tree removal is very expensive. Unless it is a desirable ornamental tree I don't think anyone would want to pay to dig it up and transplant it. After you get it down and cut up if it is a hard wood you could advertise on craig's list to get rid of it.

o

Have 2 acres of mature, standing hardwoods \ pines for removal. (free)

o

A friend of mine was offered 35 thousand dollars for his mature Japanese maple.
If the trees are valuable - landscaping companies can remove them and pay you.

o

I have 9 plus mature Pine Trees that need to be removed for free if anyone wants them!!

o

we have about 20 mature pine trees that need to be removed, are there any free removals services or paper mills that want them. We are in Rockdale county, Conyers 30012 Thank you,

o

• Posted by
    Debra Walker Chatham County
    (debewalk@aol.com) on
    Sun, Aug 14, 11 at 1:00

Please will someone with tree removal experience contact me asap. I have an old oak hanging over my home and it has a huge crack around it. Problem I have no money to pay for the service right now and I have my disabled daughter living with me. Is there anyone out there with a little mercy in their heart to help someone in need. My phone #912-429-4288Thank you

o

We have several very large trees in our back yard that we really need to get down before they fall on our house, but we can't afford the expense to have them removed. One is a very large yellow tulip tree, several large pines and a couple misc. trees. Is there any lumber companies/loggers that work in the Atlanta area that would be willing to remove them for the value of the lumber??
siannetravis@bellsouth.net

o

We also need to have trees cleared from a residential lot. Approximately 10 large pine trees, and 5 very large hardwood trees (poplar?). If any lumber company is interested in cutting the trees for free in return for keeping the wood, please email me via this site.

Or if anyone knows of a service I can contact, please post it. We are in Marietta, on the NW side of Atlanta. Thanks.

o

Is there anyone interested in removing numerous pine trees from this property for free? You may keep the wood in payment for removal. Wood in good condition. Need to remove for shade purposes. Thanking you in advance for your assistance or guidance. :) Bless you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here