Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant Swap

Posted by Katie88 z7 NC (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 3, 05 at 1:25

Hi All!

Writing to let you know about a Plant Swap on Saturday, August 27, 2005 from 2-5p.m. at Crestview Park (on Park Street), Rutherfordton in Rutherford County, NC. This is in the Tri-City area of Forest City, Spindale and Rutherfordton, about 45 minutes SE of Asheville.

I chose the end of August since most of us will be dividing perennials, bulbs, rhizomes, preparing for fall planting, etc... As time approaches I'll have maps available by link, it's not difficult to find. I chose this park because it has a covered pavilion, bathrooms and picnic tables. All will be open to trade in the gardening world: seeds, plants, tools, pots, bird houses, so forth and so on.

If you are interested, and would like a reminder closer to the date, please post here so I can add you to the list. I'll also need your GW name since this is how I'm organizing the swap.

Since it's in August you may want to consider making this a joint VAC/adventure since Rutherford County has Lake Lure, Buncombe County just north has the Biltmore and Asheville, the Blue Ridge Parkway is nearby, lots of beauty in the mountains and foothills.

Thanks for your time,
Katie
GW: Katie88

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant Swap

Katie,
I am hoping to be able to come. Can't really plan things so far in advance as it depends on so much around here. Please put me on your "remind" list, though.
Thanks.
K.

o

It's a hike from Concord, but I think I'd like to join ya'll. Add me to the reminder list, please. Thanks.

Nancy

o

Hi Katie,
How far from Lake Lure?
E-mail me for direction.

Kiki

o

• Posted by dnutts 7a upstate SC (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 27, 05 at 12:12

I'd love to come. Please put me on your reminder list as well. Are there any spring plant swaps scheduled in the area or in SC that anyone knows of? In April?
donna

o

Please put me on the remind list. Thanks!

Lisa
georgia_rose

o

• Posted by gkat z7 NC (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 21, 05 at 20:37

Please put me on your reminder list. I'm in Bostic and would love to come, though we are new here so I may not have much to share, except perhaps conversation...:)
Thanks!
Georgia

o

Please count me in. I'll see what I can 'pot up'
Thanks, Merry

o

My in-laws live in Marion and in Old Fort,so this may be possible! Please put me on your reminder list.
Linda Beth1

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here