Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katie88_gw

Plant Swap

katie88
19 years ago

Hi All!

Writing to let you know about a Plant Swap on Saturday, August 27, 2005 from 2-5p.m. at Crestview Park (on Park Street), Rutherfordton in Rutherford County, NC. This is in the Tri-City area of Forest City, Spindale and Rutherfordton, about 45 minutes SE of Asheville.

I chose the end of August since most of us will be dividing perennials, bulbs, rhizomes, preparing for fall planting, etc... As time approaches I'll have maps available by link, it's not difficult to find. I chose this park because it has a covered pavilion, bathrooms and picnic tables. All will be open to trade in the gardening world: seeds, plants, tools, pots, bird houses, so forth and so on.

If you are interested, and would like a reminder closer to the date, please post here so I can add you to the list. I'll also need your GW name since this is how I'm organizing the swap.

Since it's in August you may want to consider making this a joint VAC/adventure since Rutherford County has Lake Lure, Buncombe County just north has the Biltmore and Asheville, the Blue Ridge Parkway is nearby, lots of beauty in the mountains and foothills.

Thanks for your time,

Katie

GW: Katie88

Comments (8)

• K
    19 years ago

Katie,
    I am hoping to be able to come. Can't really plan things so far in advance as it depends on so much around here. Please put me on your "remind" list, though.
    Thanks.
    K.

• seedbandito
    19 years ago

It's a hike from Concord, but I think I'd like to join ya'll. Add me to the reminder list, please. Thanks.

Nancy

• madamekikia2z
    19 years ago

Hi Katie,
    How far from Lake Lure?
    E-mail me for direction.

Kiki

• dnutts
    19 years ago

I'd love to come. Please put me on your reminder list as well. Are there any spring plant swaps scheduled in the area or in SC that anyone knows of? In April?
    donna

• georgia_rose
    19 years ago

Please put me on the remind list. Thanks!

Lisa
    georgia_rose

• gkat
    19 years ago

Please put me on your reminder list. I'm in Bostic and would love to come, though we are new here so I may not have much to share, except perhaps conversation...:)
    Thanks!
    Georgia

• merryd
    18 years ago

Please count me in. I'll see what I can 'pot up'
    Thanks, Merry

• lindabeth1
    17 years ago

My in-laws live in Marion and in Old Fort,so this may be possible! Please put me on your reminder list.
    Linda Beth1

Sponsored
Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living in Columbus, OH