Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
storygardener

Central Ohio Plant Swap & Pot Luck on Sat. May 15, 2004

storygardener
20 years ago

Hello fellow gardeners!

My name is Beverly - (also known as Storygardener) It's that time again!!!! My good friend and gardening buddy, Mimi, and I have again reserved a covered shelter at a park in Hilliard, Oh (northwest suburb of Columbus, Ohio) for a plant swap and pot luck on Saturday, May 15, 2004

MARK YOUR CALENDAR!!

Here is the basic information:

Date: Saturday, May 15, 2005

Time: 10:00 am - 3:00pm

Place: Shelter #5, Hilliard Municipal Park, Hilliard, Ohio.

The park is on Veterans Memorial Dr. (This road is formerly called Cherry Tree Drive. It was changed and is still known as Cherry Tree Drive on Yahoo Maps or Map Quest etc. - although the street sign now says Veterans Memorial Dr.)

TRADING MATERIALS: plants, well rooted cuttings potted up, bulbs, shrubs, happy seedlings, garden ornaments,& bundled garden magazines, etc.

(PLEASE MARK ALL PLANT MATERIALS WITH THE PLANT NAME AND CARE REQUIRED!!!)

POT LUCK: Please bring a dish to pass with serving untensil & your own beverage We will provide plates, plastic silverware, napkins & cup. It's a good idea to mark your serving spoons etc. with your name.

DOOR PRIZES: If anyone wants to donate something for the door prize, please feel free. Last year we had several really neat prizes!!

This should be a wonderful chance to share your passion for gardening, meet other avid and learning gardeners, have a festive and delicious meal, acquire some new plants & share your extra's. Please come with a happy and sharing heart. Bring pictures of your gardens, flowers, etc. - if you like!

This is the plan for the day:

10:00 -12:00 - people arrive, sign in with name and number of plants, get name tag, put plants in viewing/swap area, put dish to pass away, visit with other gardeners & start viewing plants.

Noon - have lunch

After lunch - door prize(s) awarded

1:00 - swap begins

After swap - more visiting, pack up & goodbyes.

We must be out be 3:00 pm.

I've been to many swaps and really like this swapping style - a ROUND ROBIN. (people have liked it over the years, too) Round one - everyone select one plant. Round two - everyone select one plant. Round three - everyone select 2 plants, round 4 eveyone select 3 plant, round 5 everyone select 4 and so on and so on. This way everyone gets a chance to get some of the plants they really have on eye on. This works well and people have been very pleased in the past. Everyone should be able to take home as many plants as they bring.

Some tips for the day would include bringing a folding chair (sometimes needed), a box or container labeled with your name to put your new plants in after swapping & bring and mark your serving utensils for your dish to pass. If you have room in the car...bring an extra table, just in case.

Hilliard Municipal Park can be found by getting into Columbus, then go to the outerbelt, I-270, and getting off at Cemetery Road Exit. Go west (towards Hilliard) on Cemetary Rd. Stay on Cemetery Road about 2 miles until right past Main Street (a traffic light). At this point you still go straight because Cemetery Road joins with Scioto Darby Road. Go about .4 mile down road until you get to Veterans Memorial Drive which is on the left.

Veterans Memorial Drive/Hilliard Municipal Park is off of Scioto Darby road right across from Hilliard Heritage Middle School. (NOT hilliard Memorial Middle school - that, you'll see first.) Another landmark is that Veterans Memorial Dr. is where you see the Shaver Medical Center. Shelter #5 is only about 1/10 mile from the park entrance. You stay directly on the park's main road and go .1 mile and turn right (just past all the flag poles). You'll turn right again quickly into a parking lot directly in front of shelter #5. The shelter just left of the children's playyard.

For a map...go to Yahoo.com, click on maps,& click on driving directions. Then put in your address and Cherry Tree Drive, Hilliard, Oh for precise directions. REMEMBER - the MAP will say Cherry Tree Drive - but, the ACTUAL STREET SIGN says Veterans Memorial Drive. It street name was changed and the map programs don't have the new name yet (It's been over THREE years now...but, they still don't have the right name - go figure!!!)

Alot of info here, I know.

I hope you can make it.

PLEASE EMAIL with RSVP so we can get a head count.

This should be a FUN, informal day to share our love of gardening! I am contacting some of my gardening friends & alerting the Gardeweb.com people & the a local garden club. My friend, Mimi is putting an announcement in her church bulletin. Hopefully we'll have a good crowd. You should bring a gardening friend, too.

Please email with any questions.

HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT TO THE SWAP!

good gardening...

...Beverly

Comments (100)

• storygardener
    Original Author
    20 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi Alison! I know..."only" ten weeks!!! I am getting excited too. I meander around the gardens figuring out which plants I'll divide and pull out. I am waiting for seedlings to re/appear to put into the count. I know I'll probably come up with at least 50 things to share.

I am anxious for the soil to be ready to start digging up and dividing plants.

Ooo.. scented geraniums sound so nice on a cloudy cool almost spring morning.

think spring...Beverly

• sunburygirl
    20 years ago

Hi, I live up in Sunbury and would like to come, perhaps with some friends. I'll let the local gardening club know about your swap because they usually have some neat stuff. I'll see if I can pot up some perennial divisions and I plan on growing some Brandywine, Cherokee Purple, Ruby's German Green, SunGold and Black Russian tomatoes from seed, as well as various hot peppers, pickling cucumbers and assorted sweet peppers. They should be ready to pop in the ground by then and I always have some to give away.

Sounds like a neat time and thanks for the general invite!

Nancy

• storygardener
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Welcome Nancy!!! Glad you and some friends can make it to the swap. Those tomatoes sound good. I got some heirloom varieties last year at the swap...yummy!

All people are welcome...if you let your garden club know, please tell them about the RSVP - so we can get an idea of what to expect.

Look forward to meeting you.

Think spring....Beverly

• storygardener
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Hey folks...we have 46 people that have shown interest in the swap this year, so far.

FYI........think spring!!!

...Beverly

• bakemom_gw
    20 years ago

Do the UA people show up? I'm not a member, but should I light a candle?????

Question: I'm pledging 100 plants with expectation of bringing 0 home. So, we've been talking about tags. I have mini blinds. I was thinking:

Lamb's ear, p (perennial) sun. Then printing out a page with more info in a plastic sleeve for people to look at before the robin.

Will that work as far as info?

Also I have leftover seeds from trades, etc. Is there a seed grab bag or something like that?

Was going to call you but thought others might want to know.

• storygardener
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Hi Bakemom!

That plant identification sounds fine! I've done that before. This year I was thinking about using masking tape with the plant info and care on it and tape it to container.

Oh, I don't think you'll need to alert the UA garden club. I think we'll have plenty of people.(hard to know really) I think people have told several garden clubs already. If you have some specific friends from the club...by all means invite them! Thanks so much for the offer.

I am getting so darn excited!!!!!!

I think a seed grab bag sounds great. Good idea!

Thanks for your input, Karen!

think spring ....Beverly

• Photobug
    20 years ago

Please add me to the list! I couldn't make it last year, but wild horses (or my kids) won't keep me away this year. Thanks for putting this wonderful swap together.

Rhonda

• storygardener
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Hi Rhonda!! Welcome! I am so glad you will be able to make it to the swap this year! That's terrific.

I am getting darn excited. Now that the weather is getting a bit warmer...I go out to the gardens and "gawk" at all the plants and try and decide which ones I'll be digging and/or dividing first.

BTW folks...we are up to 52 people that have shown interest in the swap this May. Bring on the fun.

Think spring...Beverly

• bakemom_gw
    20 years ago

I have 35 plants potted up so far - just the early hardy perennials that can take the shock and the cooler weather.

Blue Fescue
    Lamb's ear
    Sundrops
    ornamental oregano
    campanula - it's the one with the long pink bells that hang in such a cool art nouveau way - what is it?
    creeping sage - great for edging - darling purple spiked flowers with white sage leaves.

I'm using 20 litre pop bottles cut in half and holes melted in the bottom with a soldering iron. They're small, but will be completely filled with roots and a small plant. I have other large guys in 2 litre bottles cut down, margarine tubs, and other assorted cut down plastic bottles.
    They're all outside in trays for bottom watering.

I CANT WAIT!

• princess_mimi
    20 years ago

Hi Bakemom!

It's been good to heart from you! I like your idea for the pop bottle bottoms. I might have to modify it to use some of the jugs from 10 gallons of milk that the monkey boys drink every week!

If anyone is specifically interested in Stella D'oro daylillies let me know on this thread and I'll bring them. If not I'll spread them across the neighborhood and city the way that the ubiquitous purple Iris have spread!

Happy Spring!

Mimi

• hostalavista
    20 years ago

Hey Bakemom,
    Did you say before that you wanted Cinnamon Vine??? If so I'll bring you some. I'll bring others for the plant swap but I'll make sure I bring an extra one just to make sure you get one. I can hardly wait for this either. But it has been such a dreary winter without much sun and my plants are waiting for some sun and warmer weather. So am I! I never did winter sow, I'm just not that good at seeds.

• bakemom_gw
    20 years ago

Cinnamon vine? What's that? Sounds good. Heck, I'm up for about anything after winter sowing. poppies are popping everywhere!

• jeanne
    20 years ago

I can't believe I forgot to put my RSVP in!

I'm going to have a bunch of new stuff this year, I've been potting up things as fast as I they're popping up and there's a bunch of nice cuttings started - if anyone is looking for shrubs, I think I'll have them covered, lol! :)

Beverly, the signs got ruined by the rain last year. Since most folks I asked didn't even see the signs coming in, I don't think I'll be making new ones this year. Hope that's not a problem. On the bright side, I've got a brand new camera! If I can figure out how to work it by then (I'm so technically illiterate it's frightening), I'll get some good shots for the post-swap wrap up!

• storygardener
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Hi Jeanne...I am so glad you are coming to the swap again!!! Don't worry about the signs - shelter number 5 is so close to the entrance, it will work out fine. Your new camera sounds great. I know what you mean about being "technically challegned" - I have that problem with computers sometimes myself. It's a good thing Mimi's kind hubby helps me out when my computer goes on the fritz.

All your plants, cuttings, seedlings etc. potted up sound so exciting!! Ooo...baby shrubs..fun!

Bakemom..you are getting with it!! 35 pots of things sound so exciting.

Think spring...Beverly

• bakemom_gw
    20 years ago

Make that 55 containers - small but mighty perennial babies!

• princess_mimi
    20 years ago

Hi Jeanne!

Good to hear from you! What kinds of shrubs? I'm going to bring some euonymous (sp.) that i'm pulling out just because I don't like it. I need something evergreen that I can keep small so that it won't block my windows but will add structure to my garden, especially in winter. Got anything like that?

I potted up some Flat leafed Italian Parsley that I started from seed last year. I didn't know that it would over winter but it looks great!

I have lots of other things that I plan on dividing too. Gee, I hope that the new neighbors like Sella d'Oros. No one has jumped on the offer to bring them. I guess that we all have plenty of them already.

It's been a beautiful weekend. It makes me HAPPY!

Mimi

• ginam_oh
    20 years ago

Finally managed to change my username (I'm the poster formerly known as GMantero_TX)...

I'm so excited about this swap that I almost can't stand it!!!! The thought of getting to know some fellow gardeners and of making some new friends here in Ohio is SO appealing!

What kinds of food go quickly at these get-togethers? Since I'm planning to bring extra food to offset my *comlete* lack of plants, I want to make sure people feel like they've gotten a good trade. Happy tummy in exchange for plants!

:) :) :)

Gardners are such a great bunch of people. I've found that people who love and tend to plants are just easy to like!
    You all seem to know each other so well--what other forums are popular with the Midwestern set? My opportunity to post is pretty minimal, but I try to come as often as I can.

Gina

• Cheri_L
    20 years ago

Mimi

I will jump on your offer to bring stella d'oro -- I can always use more. Look forward to seeing everyone this year!

Cheri

• hostalavista
    20 years ago

Hey MiMi, I'll take some Stella's, I'll take a bunch!
    I'd also like some of that creeping sage that BakeMom has too. I just don't know what I'm bringing, probably some sedum, a couple of ferns, maybe a stargazer lily or two. , sweet annie, hosta, Mimosa trees, and who knows what else. My daughter is coming too so we'll have a bunch between us.
    Hostalavista Baby! linda

• Photobug
    20 years ago

Beverly,

I'm so upset! I was planning on going to the swap, but I just realized that May 15 is my son's band concert at Cedar Point and I'm a chaperone. So, we can't make it :-(

Oh well, there's next year.

Rhonda

• storygardener
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Hi Rhonda...so sorry you can't make it! It's always first things first with our kids.

I'll let you know about next year.

Think spring...Beverly

PS...Folks, we have 55 people that have shown interest in the swap this year. Whoop-dee-do!!!!! This is great.

• drema_dianne
    20 years ago

I would like to come to the swap and bring a friend. Can you tell me how many pots/plants I should bring? Thanks.

• storygardener
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Hi dianne...So glad that you and a friend will be coming to the swap this year!! Welcome aboard.

You can bring as many or as few plants as you like. There's no minimum or limit.

I am getting excited...we are about 6 weeks away from the swap.

Good gardening...Beverly

• princess_mimi
    20 years ago

I think I can speak for Beverly too when I say we are anxious for the rain to stop so that the swamps that are our yards drain enough that we can start dividing and potting things! Oy Vey! (says the gentile!)

I hope that you all have better drainage than we do. Never the less I know that we'll get stuff dug and done by May 15th! I just hope that I can convince Sam, My 5 month old, that formula is not poison and bottles are OK. None of the first four ever gave me any trouble when I introduced bottles to supplement and solids. If it was edible they ate it. This guy might get very hungry by the time that we're done swapping. I NEED some time without kids! If you all have any suggestions to convince him that there is food other than the breast let me know. I'm running out of ideas.

Rain, rain, go away. Come back in August!!!!

Hope you all have sun in your hearts!

Mimi

• sillyhead
    19 years ago

woohoo!
    I and my SO will be there! By then I should have all the plants I need, and there is only a slight possibility that I will have anything to bring by way of plants, but I'll bring some kind of good southern cooked food and a learning spirit. I just want to soak up some of y'all's knowledge and good vibes, if that's okay! (: I'm from Cinci, but it's not much of a drive, and I love small road trips!
    See you then!
    Cindy

• storygardener
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi Sillyhead...welcome aboard. A road trip from Cincinatti sounds great!! I am glad you'll be coming. In the past, the people have been very friendly and welcoming. We have some folks coming from different parts of Ohio north and south and more.

good gardening....Beverly

BTW folks...we now have over 60 people interested in coming to the swap!

• evan_OH
    19 years ago

Make that 61.. (people interested). Since this is my first year really starting from seed, I have grown waaaay too much.

• storygardener
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi Evan...glad you are coming to the swap! Welcome!

It's fun to share all of our extra plant goodies.

I've started to dig things up for the swap this week. Fun..fun...fun..

Good Gardening....Beverly

• ginam_oh
    19 years ago

Waah! Looks like my dreams of coming are not going to happen...I'm working on a tight deadline with a paper and just can't miss that much research time. Saturday hours are like gold right now.

This is SUCH a bummer! I have been looking forward to this ever since I first marked my calendar. I'll try to look on the bright side and say that, by next year's swap, I'll know you all better from these forums and will be getting ready in advance (winter sowing seems popular--might have to try it!).

I hope you all have a fantastic time and come home with lots of living goodies!!!

• storygardener
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi Gina...It's too bad you can't make it to the swap!! I'll keep you on the list for next year. Hope your paper turns out great!

See you around the forums.

Happy Springtime...Beverly

• ginam_oh
    19 years ago

Yippee for Bakemom! She very generously gave me tons of plants AND dug them up for me.....plus, she reminded me that the plant swap is MAY, not April.

Put me back on that RSVP list, StoryGardener! I'll be there, plantless but with a menu of Spanish treats. School's out at the end of April (yes, I'm a student too...getting my masters). I can't wait to meet more Ohio gardeners!

• storygardener
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Welcome back, Gina!!! I thought you were some kind of diligent student! I am very glad you will be able to join us? Did you get my email?

Beverly

PS...we are now hovering around 63 people interested in the swap!

• princess_mimi
    19 years ago

Whooopie!!!!!! I'm glad to hear about the people, plants and food that will be coming! I'll be bringing my usual, a roaster full of Cavatini. (That's the pasta/veggie/cheese thingie that was hot on our cold day last year.) I'll be eating lots of all the goodies you folks bring.

I've been potting in between diapers, nursings, and general mommy duties. So far I've got:

Columbine-mixed colors
    Flat Leafed Italian Parsley
    Sedum "metrona"
    Coreopsis "Sunshine"
    Ornamental Oregano

I also plan to pot:

Hemerocallis "Stella D'oro"
    Hemerocallis Salmon colored
    Hemerocallis "Peach Ruffles"
    Hemerocallis Deep red with yellow throat and edges
    Iris Tall purple
    Oenethera (Sundrops or Missouri Primrose)
    the really tall rudibekia whose name escapes me
    Euonymous shrubs- varigated

Good thing that I have until May!

I'm so excited. Could you tell!

Mimi

• ginam_oh
    19 years ago

Storygardener, I got your email but have had some problems with my email account. Thanks so much for your generosity! (I seem to say that a lot to people on these forums.....)

I'm so excited for the swap! How many days is it 'til May 15th???

• hostalavista
    19 years ago

Hey Beverly and Mimi,
    I feel bad bout the two of you furnishing the plates, napkins,cups and plastic ware. and what ever else you may buy. Also you buy the name tags and who knows what else!
    Why don't the two of you have a jar where we could all pitch in and help you pay for these items, even as little as a quarter per person isn't that much for us..
    I'm sure no one would mind, and if this makes you feel uncomfortable, just use the excess money (if there is any) to buy the stuff for next year or some gifts for the drawing for giveaways or what ever.
    What do you say everyone? Let's help them out!
    Hostalavista

• storygardener
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi Hostalavista!!

Thanks for your thoughts! Every year Mimi and I put out a tea kettle where people can contribute to the cost of the swap. We usually ask people to throw in a dollar or so, if they can. The contribution kettle is at the sign in table. It does help to defray some of the costs.

Hey folks...we only 4 weeks out!!! Yippeeee! We are hovering around 66 people interested in coming to the swap. I can't wait.

Good gardening (and good digging and potting) to you all.

...Beverly

• ginam_oh
    19 years ago

Is there a place where we can post special requests? Do we just post things on our profile pages? I love all things herb-y and would be thrilled to put together a small herb bed. I also have a particular fondness for hosta and lily of the valley. :)

So far, here's my list of--not plants--food! All Spanish dishes:
    tortilla
    gazpacho if I can find decent tomatoes
    shortbread cookies
    chicken in beer sauce (another Spanish favorite)

I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone, eating some yummy food, and coming home with some beautiful plants!

• bakemom_gw
    19 years ago

I'm still ruminating on food -chicken spinach quiche was my original thought.

Also double checking, you did say we have access to electricity for crock pots (filled with meatballs maybe)?
    How about a big pot of sun tea packed with ice and fresh lemon slices?

I can't wait to meet you guys - what a neat group of talented, creative people this is.

• storygardener
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Gina..usually, we do requests in this area. People usually email back and forth privately about any swaps or gifts of plants they are doing other than the swap.

In fact, now would be a good time to mention that all trades, etc not associated with the swap itself should be put away by the time the swap begins - so that those plants are not mixed/confused with swap plants. (Gina, I'll send an email - I have plants for you)

Hi Bakemom...yes, there are plugs available. Meatballs (or whatevers) and suntea sound great!!

Yes, I am anxious to meet everyone, indeed.

...Beverly

• ginam_oh
    19 years ago

Bakemom, if your gift for cooking rivals your gift for having a beautiful array of well-kept plants, we're all in for a treat no matter what you bring. :)

Storygardener, thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out for your email.

I wish it was already May.....Bakemom's right that this is a neat bunch of people.

• alison
    19 years ago

Gina -- are you looking for a particular hosta, or just any hosta?

I'll be bringing more of my mother's hosta -- it went pretty fast last time!

• princess_mimi
    19 years ago

Hi Guys and Gals!

Hostalavista-Thanks for thinking about us. We must not have made the teapot very obvious previously. It'll be there this year. The park does charge a fee for the use of the shelter. Beverly has funded that in previous years. It would be nice if she could get reimbursed for it.

Gina-Email me at mimi9d@yahoo.com. I've got some stuff you may like. BTW. Do you cook all of the alcohol out of the beer sauce? Inquiring minds want to know. I'd hate to get "sauced" eating lunch!

Hey folks! Bring hot stuff if you like but leave a plug for me! I'm bringing my big old roaster full of Cavatini again this year. That's an Italian pasta, veggie, cheesy thing that I made up. ;)

I can't wait!

Mimi

• ForestParker
    19 years ago

Hello Everyone!

I just found this forum while playing around on the Internet. I am very happy to run into this group, because I love the idea of a swap. Two weeks ago I had to remove an OLD established peonie forest to make room for something. I dug up 17 large, viable, nice clumps with several eye-buds each. They were much bigger and nicer than the ones at the nurseries for $9 a pop. It would have been nice to know where to find other people to share them with. I also grow a ton of seeds in my basement every year, just to get myself through the winter, then I end up with too much. Now that I know this is available, I can really go whole hog!

Anyway, I'm glad to have found you people!

• storygardener
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi ForestParker!!! So glad you found us. And, we are glad you are going to come to the swap. It's usually lots of fun. Your peonies sound great, and all. You'll meet some great people, that's for sure. ( and go home with new plants to boot)

Look forward to meeting you in May.

Good gardening...Beverly

• hostalavista
    19 years ago

OK the excitement is going around again!
    I can hardly wait either!

Storygardner and Mimi, so sorry I didn't know about the pot before, will make sure I find it this time!
    you both are very great DIVA'S!
    You sound like the mothering kind to me,
    I was just involved in a Garden Fest and fixed small tuna salad sandwitches, slices of cheese and took my coffee pot and coffee for all the workers. Even remembered to take the cups!! Just to hold people over because I knew we wouldn't stop to eat!
    Everyone was so appreciative and wanted to know where I found the time!
    Hostalava Babee!!!!!!!

• ginam_oh
    19 years ago

Alison--I love all hosta. Some of my favorites are the golden-leaved varieties, but I've never met a hosta I didn't like. :)

Princess Mimi, email sent--and yes, the alcohol is completely cooked out. It just gives the sauce a very nice flavor.

Oh, I'm so excited!!

• princess_mimi
    19 years ago

Whoopie!!!!!! The swap is less than a month away and the weather is lovely! I'm so psyched!

Hey Forest Parker! I'm excited about your peonies! They are lovely and smell wonderful. My dh will even let me bring them into the house as a cut flower as he doesn't object to the scent. Do you have any dark pink/magenta-ish ones? If so you may have the answer to what I'm going to put in an awkward spot in one of my gardens.

I'm giddy I'm so excited. I go to sleep thinking about what I'm going to ignore in the house so that I can get out side and wake up thinking about what I'm going to dig up that day!

Mimi

• Rastagecko
    19 years ago

I am getting things potted up for the swap. I am focusing on bringing a smaller number of larger trades this year. I stopped by a nursery to find some cheap pots and talked them into selling me some of their 6" square pots (probably about 1/2 gallon ones) for $.20 each. Last year Oakland Park had nice 4" ones for $.09 each, but they didn't carry them this year.
    So far I have rhubarb, chocolate mint, lemon balm, spiderwort, lamb's ear, evening primrose, Golden Tiara hosta, misc. var. hosta, and Michaelinsis daisy potted up into 1/2 gallon or larger pots. I also have quite a few small starts of Penny's Worth daylily, a nice little daylily with yellow flowers. It kind of looks like a miniature version of Happy Returns. I also have plenty of tomatoes. I have about 60 varieties started this year. Some I only have a few of, but many of them I will have extras of to bring to the swap. We will be potting up some other things to bring as well.
    We usually bring the dogs into Columbus with us when we visit. But I don't see how they will fit in the van with all of the plants. It looks like we will have to leave them with friends for the weekend. We are looking forward to seeing everyone on the 15th.
    James

• storygardener
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi James...sounds like you're bringing some great plants again. I got one of your Penny's Worth daylilies last year and really enjoyed it's small yellow flowers. Your tomatoes last year were a big hit. Glad you'll be able to bring a few along again. Great!

I've been potting too. So far: rubebeckia herbstone nitidia, stella d'oro daylily, filenpendula ulmaria, crainsbill geranium, sea holly, penstomen red husker, ferns, solomons seal, white swan aster, lymachia punctata Alexander and more. With a few weeks until the swap, I know I'll be thinning and planting more plants.

Getting excited!

Enjoy spring....Beverly

• storygardener
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Folks..looks like we've come to the limit on this thread. I'll start a conintuation thread with a link to this one. Look for it...

...Beverly

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists