Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Meeting garden friends/mentors

Posted by Havenewfs (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 27, 05 at 13:57

Good Afternoon,
I live in Eastern, MA and would love to get together or meet some garden friends, especially mentors who would enjoy sharing advice and experience and just being friends. It gets harder to meet people as you get older and I'm currently not working outside the home. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Meeting garden friends/mentors

Well I feel the same way and I am trying to arrange just such a group in my area. Unfortunately, I live in South Florida, pretty far away from MA. Perhaps we could be cyberbuddies? It is true that it is hard to meet new friends as you get older and I also do not work right now. Feel free to email me any time. What kinds of plants do you like?
Lynne

o
RE: Meeting garden friends/mentors

Try having your own swap. Make the following post at the Get-togethers Forum: "Plant swap [city], MA [date]" and see who responds. Or start readin everyone's page at the New England forum to see here everyone lives, then email them. I am in the process of doing this at the Carolina Forum and it's works like a charm.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here