Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
storygardener

Central Ohio Plant Swap/Potluck - Sat. May 30, 2009

storygardener
15 years ago

Hello fellow gardeners!

It's that time again! My name is Beverly - (aka Storygardener) My good friend and gardening buddy, Mimi, (aka Princess Mimi)and I have again reserved a covered shelter at a park in Hilliard, Oh (northwest suburb of Columbus, Ohio) for a plant swap and pot luck on Saturday, May 30, 2009. It's our eight year, I think!

MARK YOUR CALENDAR & TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Here is the basic information:

Date: Saturday, May 30, 2009

Time: 10:00 am

Place: Shelter #5, Hilliard Municipal Park, Hilliard, Ohio. The park is on Veterans Memorial Dr.

TRADING MATERIALS: plants, well rooted cuttings potted up, bulbs, shrubs, trees, happy seedlings, garden ornaments,& bundled garden magazines, extra gardening implements, etc.

(PLEASE MARK ALL PLANT MATERIALS WITH THE PLANT NAME AND CARE (shade, sun, etc) THEY REQUIRE! Also, mark any plants as invasive or poisonous, if known)

POT LUCK: Please bring a dish to pass with serving utensils & your own beverage We will provide plates, plastic silverware, napkins & cups. It's a good idea to mark your serving spoons etc. with your name. I can tell you...gardeners are WONDERFUL cooks!!

DOOR PRIZES: If anyone wants to donate something for a door prize, please feel free. Over the years we have had many really neat prizes!! Lots of fun.

This should be a wonderful chance to share your passion for gardening, meet other avid and learning gardeners, have a festive and delicious meal, acquire some new plants & share your extra's. Please come with a happy and sharing heart. Bring pictures of your gardens, flowers, etc. - if you like!

This is the plan for the day:

10:00 -12:00 - people arrive, sign-in with your name and number of plants, get a name tag, put plants in viewing/swap area, put dish to pass away, visit with other gardeners & start viewing plants.

Noon - have lunch

After lunch - door prize(s) awarded

1:00 - swap begins

After swap - more visiting, pack up & goodbyes.

This plant swap is free...but, if anyone wants to donate a dollar that day to help defray the cost of the shelter, paper products, etc. - we won't argue with you.

We've been to many swaps we really like this swapping style - a modified ROUND ROBIN.

Round One - pick one plant

Next Round - pick one plant

Next Round - pick two plants

Next Round - pick three plants

And so on, and so on....

This way everyone gets a chance to get some of the plants they really have on eye on. This works well and people have been very pleased in the past. **Everyone should be able to take home as many plants as they bring. **

Some tips for the day would include bringing a folding chair or blanket for sitting (sometimes needed), a box or container labeled with your name to put your new plants in after swapping & bring and mark your serving utensils for your dish to pass. If you have room in the car...bring an extra table, just in case.

Hilliard Municipal Park can be found by getting into Columbus, then go to the outer belt, I-270 & go west, and getting off at Cemetery Road Exit. Go west again (towards Hilliard) on Cemetery Rd. Stay on Cemetery Road about 2 miles until right past Main Street (a traffic light). At this point you still go straight because Cemetery Road joins with Scioto Darby Road. Go about .4 mile down road until you get to Veterans Memorial Drive which is on the left.

Veterans Memorial Drive/Hilliard Municipal Park is off of Scioto Darby road on the left side of the road - across from Hilliard Heritage Middle School. (NOT hilliard Memorial Middle school - that, you'll see first.) Another landmark is that Veterans Memorial Dr. is where you see the Urgent Care & Sunshine Academy. Shelter #5 is only about 1/10 mile from the park entrance. You stay directly on the park's main road and go .1 mile and turn right (just past all the flag poles). You'll turn right again quickly into a parking lot directly in front of shelter #5. The shelter just left of the children's play area.

We hope you can make it.

PLEASE EMAIL with RSVP so we can get a head count. (This helps us know how many plates, cups, etc. to bring)

This should be a FUN, informal day to share our love of gardening! We are contacting some of our gardening friends & alerting the Gardeweb.com people & the local garden club. Hopefully we'll have a good crowd. You should bring a gardening friend, too!

Please email with any questions.

HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT TO THE SWAP!

Good gardening...

...Beverly & Mimi

Comments (130)

• diggerb2
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I am so looking forward to the swap. this year i'm looking for more trilliums!!!!(i was so excited the other day to see that one i had gotten 2 years ago was in bloom. i think it needs friends. also i'm looking for Solomen Seals-- the big giant kind. and i'm looking fro some pussy willow. if any body has black pussy willow i'd be interested in that too. and some more spice bush.

i'm planning on bringing some jack in pulpit babies. i've got a rose bush to bring-- it's a named variety of a floribunda that has orange flowers-- but doesn't do it for me. i may be able to bring a piece of Therese bugnet rose and parfume de la hay rose as well. does anyone need norway maple seedlings-- i have a bazillion of those.

diggerb

• strmywthr3
    14 years ago

so far I've potted up:

ivy
    obedient plant
    coral bells
    ornamental grass
    ornamental oregano

and I'll prob have some:
    black eyed susans
    snowdrop anemone
    beebalm
    thyme
    and who knows what else!

Barbi

• hostalavista
    14 years ago

Hi everyone,
    diggerb, I have the black pussy willow, how about a private trade for some of the jack in the pulput?
    mao, I think were trading but can't remember what, maybe a hosta or two? I'll have to look at my mail, I saved it from you. Get in touch with me. I got a couple of new hosta, new for me that is.
    I don't know if I'm private trading with anyone else.
    let me know.
    alison, I would like some of the pink forget me nots, what are you interested in from me?
    bakemom, did you bring the baby ginkos last year? I'd like some of them. let me know what your interested in.
    Anyone else up for some trades? You know I like hostas.
    hostalavista, linda

• storygardener
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oo...it's getting so exciting. Hearing what folks are bringing!

B

• storygardener
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi folks....Yes - that wonderful Chris Baker just emailed me saying he is sending a $50 gift certificate to be a door prize at the swap again. He is such a good friend to this swap!!

You know...I have never asked him for a gift certificate or reminded him about it. That's not what we are about. HE seems to always remember.

If you've never been to Baker's Acres - you should all take a drive there. It's the best Greenhouse/Nursery in this area. The selection is fantastic. Plus it's just plain fun there!

Check it out.

• gardengirl_17
    14 years ago

I'm getting excited! Beverly, I couldn't agree more about Baker's Acres. It is my "Happy Place". They have an amazing selection of annuals and tropicals, best anywhere in Ohio I've seen plus their perennials are wonderful. They always have some unusual and new varieties. Nice trees and shrubs too, I just buy less of those these days.

Last weekend my Mum was in town so I dug a few things for her and it got me to looking about what to bring for the swap. Depending on time to dig all of these I am planning to dig:

Sweet Autumn Clematis seedlings
    Coreopsis verticillata 'zagreb' divisions
    Deutzia. I think it's Chardonnay Pearls
    Bee Balm Raspberry Wine
    Helianthus maximillii
    columbine
    Japanese blood grass
    Carex Ice Dance
    Maybe some persicaria 'Firetails'
    Panicum 'Shenendoah'
    mugo pines
    coneflowers
    heliopsis (some with variegated foliage)
    groundcover sedum
    there's another grass I can't think of its name right now. Low growing but with tall airy seedheads. Very pretty but I don't have a hot and dry enough spot for it right now.
    Will have to look around for other seedlings.

Looking at this list, that's a lot to dig. I better get busy! If there's anything in particular you want to make sure I bring let me know. What about food? I'm usually a dessert girl and sometimes bring the 7-layer bars. I can also do some decadent cookies that I call "buckeye cookies". They're chocolate brownie cookies with a dollop of peanut butter and then chocolate icing. No bake cookies are also fun to make. Really I love to make dessert of any kind. :)

• Orcascove
    14 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I see we have lots of people coming, and I am getting excited the swap is so near. I still need to pot up plants, and pick out a dish to bring, but I will definitely be there. I am hopefully bringing along a guest this year too... So see you all soon!!!

P.S. Alison- I just sent you an email regarding the Pink forget-me-not's we discussed earlier this year. So please do let me know. Thanks!!!

• storygardener
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Jamillah and Orcascove - SO glad you'll make it to the swap. I am looking forward to seeing folks.

I still need to get some things out of the ground!!

Does anyone have a megaphone we can use? It seems that it's getting harder to scream the rounds and door prizes out each year!!

Only two weeks away!

Beverly

• princess_mimi
    14 years ago

Howdy folks!

It sure looks like everyone else is getting ready for the swap! Beverly and I still need to do some digging! I have some pretty purple Columbine potted up and have my eye in some Helianthus, Hardy Hibiscus babies, Shasta Daisies, Berginnia and of course Iris and Hemerocallis! One of my sand cherry babies croaked (of dehydration) and I still need to dig up the other one.

I'll be bringing pasta in my roaster or else Murray will send me back home to make some!

I'm so glad to see Jamillah and Orcascove will be coming! I have no excuse not to see Jamillah more than once a year. She only lives a couple of miles away!

I'll try to remember to bring my copy of Seely's hosta guide for anyone who might want to stop there after the swap. (Like maybe Granny 57!)

I better start digging tomorrow early!

~~Mimi

• dawncols
    14 years ago

It looks like I will be bringing at least 6 guests with me, possibly more. Some are experienced gardeners with stuff to trade, some new and struggling to come up with things they have to offer, but they want to bring *something*.

Among us we'll have some tomato seedlings and lots of various ornamentals, maybe some herbage.

I can't wait!!
    Dawn

• kelly_oh
    14 years ago

I am planning on coming with at least one friend. Mouse, did you go to the Preble County swap? Was it bigger than last year? I was at Kings Island on a choir chaperoning trip and I would have MUCH rather been at the swap. :)

Question, are there any Garden Junkers attending? I have a bird bath/totem that I was thinking of bringing, maybe as a door prize, but if no one is interested, I'll just find another home for it.

Currently I have potted up (sorry I don't know the proper names):

Magenta Yarrow
    Perennial Yellow Sunflower, with multiple blooms
    Blue Cornflower
    Perennial sweet peas (sorry, I don't know the colors, but they should be pinks)
    I'm going to try to pot some hardy, gorgeous hibiscus type bushes, we'll see how easily they come up :)
    potted some Japanese anemone, pale pink to white, I'll have to see how well they perk up, they were not too happy when I potted them

• alison
    14 years ago

My plants are small this year, but hopefully they'll prove mighty! I'm bringing:

lavender obedient plant
    white echinacea
    hens-and-chicks
    thyme
    lavender
    spearmint
    oregano
    lemon balm
    "dusky" eggplant
    zing rose pinks
    another-dianthus-I'm-forgetting-the-name-of
    Pink and blue forget-me-nots (setting aside some pinks for orcascove!)
    casablanca lilies

I had some lovely coleus this winter, "Roaring Fire" that I took cuttings of. While they developed nice strong roots, the color seems to have faded over the winter. I didn't realize how much until I brought them outside this spring. They're getting indirect light therapy to see if they color-up enough to bring. 'Cuz frankly, a washed out coleus is about as valuable as a bucket of warm spit!

I bought a big pork shoulder this morning, and will cook and shred it over the weekend. Pop it in the freezer until next Saturday, and -- voila -- stress free pulled pork! (I've vowed to not stay up unitl 3am this year shredding meat!)

Looking forward to seeing you all!

• princess_mimi
    14 years ago

I'm looking forward to you pulled pork Alison!

Kelly= Bring that totem PLEASE! I bring my garden junk creations as door prizes and lots of folks like them. I'll be bringing at least one of my suncatchers and who knows what also as door prizes.

I've been spending LOTS of hours at Harmony. I'm so tired that I'm not sure whether I'm coming or going!

See you all soon!

~~Mimi

• sproutlinda
    14 years ago

I am bringing the following:
    6 trades of cherry bells ( can be invasive)
    2 trades of sweet woodruff
    2 trades hosta stiletto
    4 trades of bird house gourd plants
    3 trades of borage
    & whatever else screams take me!
    alison, is there anything I could trade you for sme of those pink forget me nots? let me know what your heart desires!!!!!!

• trishohiozone5_6
    14 years ago

Well, I guess it's about time I said I am coming. I'll bring a few daylilies (odds and ends) and a few hostas. I think I'm looking mostly for vegetables this year. I'll try and drag Paul (my husband) and Dick (our friend). I really want to see you all. I need a little positive in my life.

Daylily Trish

• Orcascove
    14 years ago

ok, so I have a swap newbie question.. LOL!!! this is my second year, but I need to know how it is everyone is handling the hostas? I have a couple huge unknown variety that could definately make several containers. I realize that they will be just fine next season for who ever takes them home.... but how do you divide them when they are already grown without having them look stressed to the max on the day of the swap? I saw loads of them last year that looked lovely... whats the secret???

Barb (orcascove)

• kelly_oh
    14 years ago

Does anyone have any woodland tobacco plants or seeds?

• steph98
    14 years ago

Barb- there's tons of great info on the hosta forum regarding splitting hostas. The two main ways are to dig the whole plant out and try to gently separate out the eyes (or cut them apart) or just dig with a sharp spade (or I like to use a bread knife) in a natural place for division- where a few eyes are separate from the rest. They're pretty hardy. If you dig them now and water a ton, they'll be fine for the swap.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone.
    I've got a lot of Maiden grass, some hostas and some sedum for now. We'll see what else I come up with...
    I'm bringing my family and my sister and my nephew. Got a few friends on the fence about coming as well.
    Stephanie

• Orcascove
    14 years ago

Stephanie, thanks for the response, I have divided them in the past to give to friends, but they always seem to get ratty looking. I guess maybe I haven't watered them correctly. I either give them too much or not enough, because stressed ratty plants is always the result... the good news is my friends tell me they always come back the next year looking great... I'll give it a shot, and see what happens... Thanks again!!!

• strmywthr3
    14 years ago

hello all! I wanted to give you a list of the tomato plants I'm bringing. I'm looking for some mild, hot peppers that would be good for salsa. if anyone has any, let me know.

tomatoes:
    grightmire's pride - 1
    aunt ruby's german green cherry - 2
    nebraska wedding - 2
    black plum - 2
    white beauty - 2
    eva purple ball - 2
    yellow submarine - 2
    silvery fir tree - 2
    yellow brandywine platfoot - 1
    white queen - 1
    early red - 2 plant only gets 6" tall - great for containers!
    black cherry - 3

sweet peppers:
    sweet banana - 2
    red banana - 1
    corno di toro red - 2

fairytale eggplant - 2

kiwano horned jelly melon - 2

let me know if anyone is interested in a trade for these.

Barbi

• princess_mimi
    14 years ago

Well, Beverly and I finally got some plants ready for the swap. I took the morning off to get something besides the arts center ready! (West siders should look for an article about Harmony in the "This Week" this week as well as the Dispatch.)

Barbi your tomatoes sound yummy! I'll be interested to see what kind Lee picks this year.

I have several trades each of Helianthus "Sunshine", baby pink hardy hibiscus, penstemon "Red Husker", white lychnis, some woodland and "Sanguinus" geraniums and purple columbine. I forget what else at this point.

Pardon the misspellings and other errors. I'm so tired I can't see straight. As Lady MacBeth says, "...to bed, to bed, to bed."

~~Mimi

• hostalavista
    14 years ago

Hi Barbi,
    I'm interested in some of your tomato plants, I'd like
    Black Plum, White Beauty, Eva Purple Ball, White Queen.
    And I would love to try the Kiwano Horned Jelly Melon, just one of each of these if possible.
    I don't have any veggies to bring, so I don't know what you might like of mine, I do have a new to me 'Astilbe Amethyst' if you'd like one. Thanks hostalavista linda

• Cheri_L
    14 years ago

Kelly,

I'll plan to bring both seeds and plants of some woodland tobacco . . .

• strmywthr3
    14 years ago

hostalavista - Linda,

send me an email.

Barbi

• dawncols
    14 years ago

If anyone is thinking of bringing basil this year, please do. I meant to start some from seed and completely forgot.

We'll also be looking for shade-tolerant ornamentals.

In addition to some heirloom tomatoes (some of which came from seeds saved from plants Barbi brought to last year's swap!) we'll be bringing some sedum.

Is anyone interested in coneflowers?

Four days and counting!
    Dawn

• dawncols
    14 years ago

>

Oh yes, there will be junkers. Please bring it.
    Dawn

• kelly_oh
    14 years ago

always interested in coneflowers, Dawn. will be bringing the totem :)

• xaroleht
    14 years ago

Shadowgarden...potted up a seedling from under Mom's weeping cherry...can't be sure it will be true but it's coming.

Kelly...we have a Delaware Indian tobacco...will bring some along.

Steph... my kids are picking out things for your kids.

Think I'm bringing coleslaw and rice crispy treats to eat

not sure of swaps we are bringing yet...probably not as many as usual because of our schedule lately. Will let you know if we get it figured out.
    Peace and see you Sat.
    Michelle

• storygardener
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Gang! The weather forcast for Saturday looks good. Between Murray and Mimi - I have some plants ready.

Cup plant - Silphium Perfoliatum - wildflower
    Cerastium Tomentosum - snow in the summer
    chives
    obedient plant (mixed in with some beautiful crainsbill)
    daffodils

Lots of garden magazine bundles (Garden Gate, Birds & Blooms, etc)
    Bird Feeder

I'll probably make some sweet and sour cucumber and onions.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Think swap! - Beverly

• steph98
    14 years ago

Michelle,
    Great- we'll be sure Collin and Courtney can reciprocate then! Did you guys ever get a Fire Island Hosta? I think we still have the yellow iris potted up that we promised last year!
    I'm going to make a corn salad- it's very tasty and a little spicy!
    I've got another newbie coming along too. Can't wait to indoctrinate her!
    Stephanie

• violet4491
    14 years ago

Hi gardeners I need to add two more names to the list. Our husbands are both planning on attending. Can't wait to see you all. I know we will have lots of plants and good food. My sister wants to find some day lilies for trade. I would like some more hostas and I have a new rock garden that is begging for sun loving plants. See you there.

• xaroleht
    14 years ago

Steph...no we never got the fire island hosta and I was going to ask you about the iris and forgot...kids got me two new ferns and a new hosta for Mother's day. Can't wait to see everyone and for you to meet Niall.
    peace.
    Michelle

• shadowgarden
    14 years ago

Michelle,

If you can get me before the trades start I'll give you first choice of the the glass for the cherry tree. Thanks.

Rebecca

• storygardener
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Michelle...the fern I promised you didn't return???? this spring. That's so nuts - I don't know what happened.

See you all on Saturday.

Folks - Don't forget to bring a chair or blanket in case there isn't enough room at the picnic tables for everyone at lunch time.

Beverly

• shadowgarden
    14 years ago

Does anyone have any pond plants, especially oxygenators?

Also blue flag iris or equisteum?

Will do a private swap.

Thanks.

Rebecca

• storygardener
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi gardeners!!

Wow...I had a fun day! Once again, the swap was a time of sharing plants, friendship, and yummy food.

A big thanks to everyone for making it a great day.

Now the 'the count' - There were approximately 148 people there (it's hard to know really - because folks don't always write down their children, spouses, or others.) We had some 2612 plants this year. WOW!

I was excited to get more hypertufa, daylilies, Rebbecca's beautiful glass, tomatoes, heuchera and more.

I was most excited to see long time friends and meet some new ones too. It's been a special privilege to be able to know some of you for eight or nine years - and watch so many children grow up, too. I often look into my gardens and see many plants from the swap and swap friends.

Of course - the food was yummy. Gardeners are GREAT cooks!

Thanks to all that brought a door prize, too.

Good gardening and have a great summer.

Beverly

• strmywthr3
    14 years ago

I had a great time yesterday! It was good to see everybody! and I'm finally starting to remember people and even names! lol I'm so bad with names.

There were so many wonderful plants that it was hard to choose! I came home with a good variety. still need to get them planted.

hope everyone else had a great time too!
    Barbi
    (tomatochick)

• trishohiozone5_6
    14 years ago

Thanks Beverly and Mimi!!!!

It was a great day!!!! I had fun seeing everyone, eating and getting some fun plants. It was wonderful!!!

Thanks again,
    Trish

• Orcascove
    14 years ago

Hi everyone!!

Just thought I would stop by and say thanks for a great swap!! This year was my second, and I even managed to get my brother out with me (he is the reason I learned to love plants in the first place). He was thrilled to find some special plants, and has already asked when is the next one and can I go too?? LOL!!! (looks like I will be searching for the fall swap info.. LOL!!). Anyway thanks again for another great day, you are all wonderful people to share your gardens and your cooking.

Orcascove (Barb)

• steph98
    14 years ago

I, too, had a very nice time. Got some new plants to try out and some great veggies as well. I think we got most planted today, whew!
    Thanks, Mimi and Beverly for hosting.
    Stephanie

• alison
    14 years ago

What a lovely swap! And the perfect weekend -- bright clear and sunny while I planted, pruned and weeded -- and now a nice gentle rain to settle in all the newly acquired plants.

I had such a great time hanging out with everybody. Thanks to my buddy Terri, I actually got there on time. Every year, the night before the swap I swear it's the last time I make the pulled pork -- but I'm already planning on 15 pounds of it next year!

Great plants, great people, great food and a wonderful, wonderful time. thanks all for making it so!

• hostalavista
    14 years ago

Alison, I would have loved to have some of the pulled pork but alas, all gone by the time I got to it!! How about a trade for a sandwich next year?? haha...
    Well I lost a whole bag of plants, I must have sit them down while looking at something else and someone thought they were one of the trades. It was all from Granny, Cigar plant, purple basil, pineapple sage, 4 large banana peppers plus more. Hope someone takes care of them. Let me know if you have them, it's killing me wondering what I did with them.
    I got some nice plants especially from my private trades.
    Cathy, Stephanie and diggerb, got a glass flower, I just love those, I don't care what I get, just want one each year for memories, loved meeting you Terrible! ha
    also got some tomatoes, love seeing everyone, missed Betty Hagey and the Morgans, never did connect with you Stormywhether, barbie. I did get a couple of white tomatoes though.
    And as always thank you Beverly and Mimi for getting this all started, all the people who help, it's just a wonderful day. Hostalavista..Babee, linda

• storygardener
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Linda - I think I got your bag?? Toward the very end of the swap I saw a bag with a cigar plant right on the floor right next to the check in table. All I could see was the cigar plant - so I figured it was the bag of plants that I got from Granny when she arrived at the swap. When we cleaned up, loaded up the car and when I and got home I discovered that Murray had already put my bag from Granny in the car shortly after she gave it to me. Oops. You'll be happy to know tht Murray was SO delighted to see those banana peppers. He had been wanting some.

So sorry I got your plants - it was unintentional. I was so busy doing stuff - that I didn't realize your bag wasn't my bag from Granny.

Well - at least you know where they went.

Beverly

• hostalavista
    14 years ago

Beverly, sounds like you did get my bag, well good, I know they'll be taken care of! Tell Murry to eat a pepper for me!! I was driving myself silly looking for them. I must have did that when I took the book to sign in over at the other table! Thanks for letting me know!
    Happy Gardening, linda

• xaroleht
    14 years ago

Hey great swap! The kids had a blast...whoever brought that little dog statue that was in the non plant section made Naomi's swap...it has gone everywhere with us, she treats it like a real dog, it even had a blanket to "sleep" on at Grandma's, she loves it. The huge hosta from Orville has found a nice home in Noah's section of the yard...what house was it from again? Can't wait to stop by Baker's Acres and use my gift certificate. Rebecca thank you so much for the glass, Mom loves her mushroom...be sure to let us know if the cherry tree works..if not we will try another, I too am happy to feed my glass addiction with your pieces.

BTW who got the wrapped box in the door prizes and what was in it? I forgot all about it until later and was curious.

Thank you Bev and Mimi for a great swap. You do so much and we love you for all you do.

Happy Gardening. Peace.

• maozamom NE Ohio
    14 years ago

We had a great time at the swap. Thank you Bev and Mimi.

The hosta was from the Smith Orr Homestead.

• diggerb2
    14 years ago

another great swap!!!
    linda thanks so much for my 2 willows-- they are already planted-- over top of poor old pumpkin our kitty that kicked it last year. thought pussy willow was a fitting tribute.

my neighbor was really excited to get the hen&chicks i picked up for her as well as the rose of sharon i got-- her's died out this winter. i shared some of the naked lady bulbs i got with her too.

who ever brought the hen and chicks, thanks for bringing them. i haven't seen them since i was a kid, but had thought about getting some just recently as i saw a spot near my front walk that would be just right for them.

also i'm hoping to have better luck with my naked ladies this time around. please tell me that they are lycoris squamia (sp) who ever brought them and not crimiums or nerene's.

also excited to get some tomatoes-- i'm planting them next to my one rose that does ok right by the front door. with some basil and other herbs.

and mimi special thanks for tyaking me back to your house to get the solomen's seals!!

diggerb

• Orcascove
    14 years ago

hello everyone!!! I was just wondering if anyone has any pictures to share? I unfortunately forgot my camera the day of the swap, and I am hoping someone is willing to share theirs...

Orcascove (Barb)

• jeanne
    14 years ago

Beverly and Mimi, thank you so much for another wonderful swap, I got some great plants and even better, got them all planted the same day! That was a new first for me and I think I'll make it a habit if the weather is is at all agreeable. It sure was nice to see everyone again and as usual the food was most excellent. I should have info on the fall swap up in a few days as soon as I get all the details worked out. Hope to see you all there!

Everybody have a great summer!

Jeanne

• granny57x
    14 years ago

Hi Everybody!!
    I am on my Sister-In Laws computer right now and I don't know if anyone will even get to read this now.I forgot you can get on any computer and do this.((DUH!!))
    Any way,I don't want to stay on this too long,((Yeah Right))It's killing me not having my own computer.But I just wanted to say Thanks For A Great Swap.It was especially sweet for me because my daughter Diana and her new Husband of less then a year and who's last name I still can't pronounce correctly got to come with me and they loved it.Diana can't wait to come to the next one,So I'm thinking we'll be coming to the fall swap as well.It was great seeing everyone and sharing all the plants and eating all the wonderful food.I wish I could have stayed longer,But my elbow was giving me a fit.I had surgery on it a couple weeks earlier and the cast was making me sweat and itch.But all in all it was alot of fun.
    Michelle,My daughter Diana got the wraped package,It was a large ceramic Owl.Very cool!!
    I probably won't get back on again.So Thanks for a great time as usual Beverly and Mimi!!!
    You two are Awesome!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm hoping to see you all again in the fall!!
    Granny57