Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
neoaddict

Bromeliad Hybridizer & Author will speak in Houston Feb 19

neoaddict
16 years ago

World-renowned Bromeliad hybridizer and long-time rare plant collector CHESTER SKOTAK of Costa Rica has written an intriguing, one-of-a-kind novel inspired by true events that is becoming a topic of discussion in plant circles around the world. Skotak's bizarre adventure laced with offbeat humor, odd characters, and vivid descriptions chronicles an obsession with collecting a rare plant. This humorous journey takes place mostly in Central America, where the unexpected flourishes and multiplies.

Chester will be making a rare personal appearance in Houston, Texas on February 19, 2008 at the Bromeliad Society/Houston meeting - Herman Park (Rose Center) 7:30 pm

Program Presentation: "Chester on Chester" & BOOK SIGNING www.bromeliadsocietyhouston.org Public is invited.

READERS' COMMENTS about Skotak's unique novel:

"Chester Skotak has a sharp sense of humor....The characters met along the way are odd, nutty, crazy or just plain weird. Several passages made me laugh out loud and Skotak's style definitely keeps the pace moving. I didn't put it down until I finished it...I thoroughly enjoyed it and highly recommend it to anyone with a sense of humor and adventure."

W. Fitz, Panama

"Never judge a book by the cover. But 'Searching for Miss Fortuna' is as beautiful inside as it is outside- a plant hunting adventure that takes the reader deep into the minds of men and in the end proves that no matter our social status, we are all children at heart. I laughed, I cried, and then wondered if others will understand the deeper meaning of this book. Skotak's crafty writing style made me keep turning the pages and I could not outguess him on what was going to happen next....the story is like nothing I have ever read. Bizarre, crazy and wonderfully written, 'Searching for Miss Fortuna' is a must. Change your outlook on life and have a good time doing it. Read this book, it's full of surprises."

Y. L. Oceguera, Costa Rica

BUY A COPY & SEE WHAT THE BUZZ IS ALL ABOUT!

Searching for Miss Fortuna- The Hunt for a Bromeliad by Chester Skotak

Single copies $19.95 plus shipping from Amazon.com or other outlets listed on www.ChesterSkotak.com

Soft cover - 383 pages - 5.5" x 8.5"

Image link:

Here is a link that might be useful: www.ChesterSkotak.com