Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Piney Woods (Texas) Plant Party

Posted by Pam123 East Texas (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 2, 04 at 7:08

Plans have been finalized for the First Annual Piney Woods Plant Party. It will be held May 15, 2004 in the Twin Mountains area of the Piney Woods. That would be about ten miles north of Longview. We are only sixty miles west of Shreveport, so hope folks from Louisana will join us too. The fun will begin when the first folks arrive, we will start the swap at 11:00 am, and eat around 12:00 to 12:30. After that we can swap somemore or just talk gardening and get to know each other. Hope you can join us!!! E-mail me for more info.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Piney Woods (Texas) Plant Party

Come one, come all..........lot's of goodies and fun!!

o

i would love to have more info on the plant swap. i live just outside of shreveport and have been winter sowing , so i should have quite a few things to bring perinnials and annuals. this really sounds like fun. mspriss119@aol.com thank you

o

Just wanted to let everyone know that I live right around the corner from a big gourd farm. Was by the other day and they have them stacked up in piles. They have lots of those wonderful apple gourds, great for birdhouses.

o

I would like to come to your Plant Party, I live in Texarkana and I could probably bring several friends with me to also swap. Give me details!!!
I can't wait.

SunflowerBren

Here is a link that might be useful: my garden

o

is the swap still on? haven't heard anything back and i did'nt want the thread to get lost.

o

• Posted by Pam123 East Texas (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 25, 04 at 21:45

We are on, but noticed a small mistake, the date is suppose to be May 16th. Sure hope this doesn't conflict with any schedules. The response has been great, so looking for a good turnout. If you are interested in attending, please e-mail me your snail mail address, I'm fixing a flyer and map to send out. The flyer will include other things going on this week-end for those wanting to make a week-end out of it.

o

I still need snail mail addresses from a few of you ladies and gentlemen. The flyers and maps are in the envelopes and ready to go.

o

This Sunday is the big swap !!! Remember, it's not just plants, anything garden related is welcome. Looks like we will have a good turnout, but always room for a few more. So, if you want to come and don't have your map yet, just send me a quick e-mail with that snail mail address and I will get you one in the mail right away. Pam

o

A grand time was had by all, want to thank our hostess with the mostest, and her wonderful daughter from the bottom of my heart.

"eyes"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here