Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
6th Annual Charleston SC Plant Swap

Posted by cactusrequiem Zone 8 SC (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 14, 09 at 16:18

It's that time again folks! Charleston South Carolina 6th Annual Plant Swap. I can't believe this is our 6th year already!!
So without any further ado:
PLANT SWAP
CHARLESTON, SOUTH CAROLINA
April 25th, 10am set-up and browse....11am swap...immediately afterwards...LUNCH!
This year we are having it at Park Circle in North Charleston, by the Gazebo. There are picnic tables, bathrooms and LOTS of room for kids to play and even more room for plants, parking and food.
Pretty much everybody in Charleston is familiar with Park Circle....there are numerous ways to get to it, depending on which way you are coming. If you want or need directions you can leave a posting, I will get it and respond ASAP.
The way we swap will be the same... the basic Free For All. I will say go, everybody will grab ONE (1) plant and take it to their hiding area. After everybody has a plant, we repeat the process. Nice and Simple!
We will have plates and napkins and such, Please bring your own drinks and food for as many as you can. We like to do a Pot Luck style picnic and encourage everybody to stick around and participate. The socializing afterwards is as much fun as the swap itself, please try to give yourself enough time to stay and enjoy yourself!
Please post here also if you know what you are going to bring. We won't end up with 15 types of Potato Salad that way.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
Tell your friends, neighbors and anybody else you can think of....2009 will be the best Plant Swap YET in Charleston!
If you have a specific plant you want or have, feel free to post it here and we can set up the special swaps earlier, maybe at 10:30.
Happy Growing Folks! Get those seedlings and cuttings started!
Darren

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 6th Annual Charleston SC Plant Swap

Bump!

o

Thanks Princess!
Darren

o

Have plant swaps gone out of style?! I don't seem to be hearing from anybody here.
Darren

o

One more week! Can't wait!!

o

Darren, I've been watching two others in my area and have not seen much activity on them either. I would love to come to the Charleston Swap someday, but am already scheduled to go to another this Saturday.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here