Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mtnmama_gw

COLORADO area swap! Please come!

mtnmama
20 years ago

Plan early for Colorado area garden party!

We're planning a down-to-earth plant-swap/garden party. EVERYONE is welcome and encouraged to attend. It will be held in the Denver Metro Area on Saturday, June 26th, 2004. (Location to be announced--depending on the number of replies).

Nebraskans, Kansans, folks from Wyoming, gardeners from ANYWHERE--if you're planning a trip out this way, maybe you can plan it around June 26th so you can join us? We don't care where you're from as long as you bring a smile to share and something (plants, seeds, bulbs, houseplants, crafts, garden magazines--anything of interest to gardeners) to trade!

We will have a potluck lunch, games and prizes! Meet face-to-face with other gardeners; share tips for growing your favorite plants! Come home with NEW FRIENDS and goodies to add to your garden:)

First, reply and let us know you'll be joining us! Next, update your trade list on this site so that you and others coming to the garden party can pre-arrange trades (in addition to the swapping we'll be doing with everyone). Then, it's time to look into that storage shed to find the containers you'll use to pot up those plant divisions you want to trade! Lastly...mark that calendar date and have something great to anticipate!

IMPORTANT: Please reply directly to Mtnmama at: gardenColorado@aol.com One of us will be in touch with you by email just as soon as we can!

We have also set up OUR OWN WEBSITE for posting of plants we're bringing, pre-arranging trades, potluck items we can bring and just getting to meet others before the actual swap. Here's the address:

[HYPERLINK@coloradogardenswap.myzf.com]

Spending thyme in the garden:)

Mtnmama (Diane), Kelly (ksplanter) and Terre

Comments (19)

• mtnmama
    Original Author
    20 years ago

I'll try again; I'm sorry that the hyperlink didn't come out--
    email me at
    gardenColorado@aol.com

I'll send you the hyperlink:)
    Diane/Mtnmama

Here is a link that might be useful: coloradogardenswap

• Topaze
    20 years ago

Wow, are there no Colorado gardeners? Or maybe they are all rich, and can afford to buy everything and not swap? Or just antisocial?

• oakiris
    20 years ago

Mtnmama - I couldn't get the link to work - server not found. I will email you, as requested...

• junebug61
    20 years ago

I would love to be there. I have never been to a plant swap before. Need info on how it works. I live in the Fort Collins area. Anyone with info please email me, junmcc@aol.com

• RMgarden
    20 years ago

Correct link is:

Here is a link that might be useful: Colorado Garden swap page

• mtnmama
    Original Author
    19 years ago

We have a lively group planning on coming to the swap--please reply so we can count you in for the fun!
    Diane/Mtnmama

• mtnmama
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I hear that we will have plenty of hosta and daylilies to swap--please reply and tell us you are coming!
    Diane/Mtnmama

• WordMariner
    19 years ago

Hey, MtnMama-
    I just sent a long note to the Colorado Garden Swap posts and then looked it up in Google and got directed here so I joined this site, too! However, I am going to ask again, just so others can see here, too: WHERE, WHEN, HOW, IN WHAT DEGREE, etc, etc. is the swap going to take place?????
    Gotta run back out to my rock garden so, ttfn-
    Sam

• mtnmama
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi Sam & All,
    *** It will be held in the Denver Metro Area on Saturday, June 26th, 2004. (Location to be announced--depending on the number of replies). **

Looks like we will be meeting at my house in the area of 136th and Colorado Blvd. Anyone who has voiced interest or who does so before the 26th will get an email back with exact directions (don't want to post to a site for reasons of privacy;)

AGENDA:
    11:00 A.M. Show up/bring your own LABELLED goodies (plant name--either common or proper name is OK; YOUR NAME; sun needs; water needs; invasive/slow-growing; etc.)
    Gather your pre-arranged trades (go to link below to pre-arrange) and get them out of sight!
    Place your items onto tables or into designated areas

11:30 or so A.M. POTLUCK LUNCH--sign up on website & BRING FOOD! (Gardeners cannot live on ammended soil, alone;)

NOON: Doorprizes & games

12:45 P.M. PLANT/SEED/BULB/CRAFT/GARDEN ITEMS SWAP (to be done in "rounds" so everyone has a chance at the more unusual plant types).

1:30-3:00 or whenever--talk plants & gardening!

Please be here at 11:00 A.M. to help with the placement of items into proper areas and to help check to be sure all is labelled. If you are willing to take other types of items for yours, place that onto your labels (I.E.: On your live philodendron plant you would put the label--Split-leaf philodendrun, Mtnmama, houseplant, sun to part sun, water once weekly/more in summer, non-invasive, WILL TRADE FOR UNUSUAL PERENNIAL SEEDS, BULBS, CRAFTS OR GARDEN JUNQUE!) I know that's lots of info, but you can staple it to a popsicle stick or something and jab into the dirt. Seeds can have that stapled to the packets...you get the idea.

I will be out of town until early June and will get directions written/emailed to you before June 10th. If you sign up after June 10th, I will email you back within 48 hours with that info. If I mess up (please know that I err at random and don't take it personally)--email me:
    gardenColorado@aol.com

Many of us will be bringing 10 plants or more. Bring whatever you can get divided and potted up or placed into seed packets.

SEE YOU ON JUNE 26th AT 11:00 A.M. YIPPEE!!!
    Diane/Mtnmama

Here is a link that might be useful: ColoradoGardenSwap

• bludog1
    19 years ago

ok I'm Coming but I don't know what I'm bring yet will have to see what needs thinning out. I just dug up a bunch of things this weekend and gave to neighbors but had more than I could give away so into compost pile I'll check and see if there still alive and pot them up.
    Looking forward to meeting everyone
    Bludog1/ Connie

• ksplanter
    19 years ago

Looking forward to seeing all of you at the swap..we will have a great time. I'm bringing some plants for identification (and trade)..unknown but hardy, even in the drought. See all of you on the 25th!

• mtnmama
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Directions have been emailed! If you haven't received them, please email me and I will get right back to you! It isn't too late to sign up, either:) Just send me a note!

email:
    gardenColorado@aol.com

Getting psyched for the swap!
    Mtnmama

• coflowernut
    19 years ago

Hello all -

Count me in! I would like to come but do not have a lot to swap - will dig around and see what needs dividing. See you there.

PS a hint at location would be nice, such as Denver metro area, the Springs, etc. I need to plan more if it is a drive.

Julia

• mtnmama
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hello!
    More people are signing up to come to the swap--it isn't too late until it's over! Please visit the ColoradoGardenSwap site (link in a posting above) to sign up for something to bring to the potluck :)

Sat. June 26th is coming!!!
    Mtnmama/Diane

• mtnmama
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Bumping this one up....

• oakiris
    19 years ago

I'm looking forward to this swap, too; I probably won't have 10 plants, but I'll bring something! Looking forward to meeting all of you and getting to talk "garden-speak" for the day!

(ksplanter - make sure you show up on the 26th, not the 25th ;-) )

• mtnmama
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Email me at gardenColorado@aol.com

Diane

• mtnmama
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Bumping this one up.

• mtnmama
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi!
    IF YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN DIRECTIONS TO THE SWAP, PLEASE EMAIL ME! Looks like we will have a nice group for the 2004 Colorado Garden Swap!!
    Diane

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County