Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patty_texas

May 7 swap in Castroville, Texas (near San Antonio)

Patty_Texas
19 years ago

Many events are being held in Castroville on Saturday, May 7, and one of the events is garden-related. I brought up the question of a plant swap in conjunction with this and the organizer thought it would be a great idea.

So... all of you who might miss the other swaps, or find they're too far away, you may want to consider attending this one, just 15 minutes west of San Antonio.

If you want to bring a spouse who doesn't garden, but DOES golf... we have a nice golf course here.

I will post more information later, but it will start around 9-10 a.m., as that's when most people show up. Since this is a first-time event here,and likely to be on a smaller scale, we are not planning a shared luncheon. Just a simple plant exchange among area gardeners.

If anyone has an easy-assembled canopy, it would be wonderful if you could bring it to use as shade or rain protection, depending on what the weather does. I have already been offered one, but these are small and may not be enough for everyone.

Please start your propagating and potting now for your plants. Things like cannas, irises, and other bulbs or tubers don't need to be potted. But rooted plants are always better than unrooted cuttings. Anything you want to bring that can be traded is welcome.... doesn't need to be plants. Many folks in the past have brought some great driftwood, holey rocks, homemade soaps, pots, books, garden magazines, even garden junk ! So, let your imagination go, and bring what you can.

Newbies are welcome !! If you're just starting and don't have plants, you're sure to go home with some !

Please feel free to email me with any questions or comments. I will post with more information later, and will also have information on Jennifer's Texas swap website that she so graciously shares.

patty

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida