Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stark County Ohio Plant Swap

Posted by polive z6oh (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 12, 07 at 18:54

Hello, fellow gardeners in the area we are trying to put together a plant swap in Canton, Ohio for the Saturday before Memorial Day. We have been to local garden club plant sales, but never to a swap. There is two of use trying to organize a swap with no experience. We sure could use some advice. Our church will let us use their 6 acres and pavilion to have the affair if we let them sale hotdogs. This sounds like a good deal to me. Someone suggested that maybe people that do not have plants to swap would like to come and purchase plants. How can that be handled without it turning into a sale?
If someone brings a big nice start, can that be exchanged equally for a single small seedling? I guess what I am asking is how dose a plant swap work. Are the plants sorted by size, value, or type? As you see, we need advice...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stark County Ohio Plant Swap

Hi, I am in Summit County and would love to come to your plant swap. Can you send me the details??

Many thanks,
belfastmom
ptomechko@yahoo.com

o

Glad to hear of your interest. We are trying to nail down details. We will be posting more info as we go.

o

hi everyone, i just wanted to let anyone know that swap has changed locations. it will now be at
351 ross rd
waynesburg ohio
also if anyone has any questions please email me at:
kelrobinson@neo.rr.com
i'm sorry to say that pam is no longer part of this swap and i am very sorry that i had to change the location of the swap. i hope that everyone will still come. look forward to seeing you at the swap. kelly

o

There has been no changes . This stands as I posted it. I am Pam. More info can be found as (Plant Swap Canton,Ohio May 26). Please see that posting for follow up.

Simpson United Methodist
4900 Middlebranch Ave NE.
Canton ,Ohio 44705

I would like to thank everyone for their input.
Time 11:00 set - up
1:00 Round Robin Swap to begin

What to do? Please label your plants with name and growing instructions. Place plants in shade out side of the shelter

Who to bring? Friends, children, and spouses
Hot Sandwiches and canned soda will be sold as a Church fundraiser for the use of the facility. Donations can be made if you desire.

Feel free to bring your own coolers and snacks lawn chairs small tables, blankets, Shade tents for your comfort. Pen and paper, markers and tape, bags, boxes to carry your swaps in.
What to bring? Anything garden related you want to swap:
House plants, Garden plants, Bulbs, Sun hats, Gloves, Seeds, Seedling, Flower pots, starting supplies,
Pond supplies and plants
Tools, snippers, clippers, gardening books or magazines
Signs and markers, Bird feeder, Birdbath
potting soil, Steppingstones

This is a free event
We have 2 Ball field,
play area for children
Six Semi shaded acres for you to enjoy.
NO Sales Please. NO Alcohol

We would like general idea how many people to plan for. Please feel free to include what you have to swap and what you are looking for. Pre arranged swaps are welcome.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here