Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellysgarden

stark county plant swap

kellysgarden
15 years ago

Stark County's 2nd Annual Plant Swap

Hello everyone, my name is Kelly and I will be hosting the swap. This swap is for Stark County Ohio and surrounding areas. I'm looking forward to meeting more garden web folks. The 1st year was truely an awesome experience!

Plant Swap: How it Works

Bring up to twenty (20) live, healthy plants--indoor or outdoor-- in one gallon or smaller containers that meet the information described below. (A one gallon container is about the size of a one pound coffee can.)

Rules

1. Bring healthy, attractive plants.

2. Bulbs, corms and other tubers are accepted; please have these separated into individual bags with 3-5 in each bag; more if they are prolific, less if they are large or unusual.

3. Plants MUST be rooted. Planted cuttings should also be rooted and potted up.

4. Label your plants with as much information as you have for their new owners.

chairs and tables if you have any handy (they're ALWAYS appreciated by the host!).

boxes ~ lots and lots of boxes! You'll need them to carry your things there and to haul home your treasures!

Other things that are okay to bring:

Paper Plates, Cups, and Napkins and other items would be great.

gardening buddies ~ If ya' got 'em, bring 'em! And tell them to bring stuff to swap, too, so they can join in the fun. The more swap partners, the better!

spouses ~ Even if he or she isn't really into gardening, they're always welcome, too ~ they just might strike up a conversation with another non-gardening spouse and have fun after all! Or, better yet, they might just catch the gardening bug themselves ~

we will also be have a potluck, so bring you favorite dish.

this will be a round robin style swap.

How this works:

round one- choose 1 plant

round two- choose 2 plants

and so.

THE PLACE:

351 Ross Dr

Waynesburg Ohio 44688

Date June 20. 2009

Also this is a FREE event

The Day's Plans Are:

10:00- 12:00 set up and view the plants.

12:00- Have lunch

1:00- The plant swap begins.

This will last until all the plants are gone.

If you have any question at all, please feel free to email me at:

kelrobinson@neo.rr.com or

looking forward to see you there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting