Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zuzuspetals_gw

Please help a lonely gardener

zuzuspetals
14 years ago

I have visited this site for years, but today is my first posting. I am looking for some garden friends who might be interested in starting a small informal group, that gets together to visit, visit gardens, swap plants, seeds and stories and obsess over all things plant oriented. I have been gardening for ten years, and have a slight seed obsession, but I do believe I have it under control. Would love to host some informal garden get togethers and meet other gardeners in my area. Anyone out there interested?

Comments (7)

• alison
    14 years ago

What's your area?
    I'd love to start something similar in central Ohio!

• zuzuspetals
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the response, I was wondering if anyone actually comes to this site. I live in the Baltimore area of Maryland. I guess in your area, if you haven't already, you could check out a local plant swap, I think thats what I might do.....when I'm done transplanting!

• alison
    14 years ago

Oh, yes! Our garden swap is fantastic, and I've made some good garden friends there.

Most of the folks live in the 'burbs -- I'd like to try to get something started along the lines of what you're talking about for some inner city gardeners.

Hope you get some lgood local feedback -- my sister lived in B'more for a while, and we had a great time landscaping her tiny little yard. It's a beautiful city and a great climate to garden in!

• diggerb2
    14 years ago

ZUZU
    garden web used to have a "zone buddy" function that you could search by zip code and then find gardenwebbers near you to post messages to-- it seems to have diappeared.

but you can still search for people at gardenweb who are in your state.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on to the "member pages' tab. a list will come up and you can then click the search member line and follow directions. than start contacting members in your area.

Bill

• zuzuspetals
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Bill for the input, its a shame I'm getting more responses from Ohio than right here in my neck of the woods...I don't know if I can make the plant swap here (although it sounds sooo good!) as I will have too many seedlings I will be trying to part with at that time... want to do an informal plant sale of my own here, because the following week, we are trying to get away for a couple of days to west VA. Has anyone taken a spring trip yet to Longwood/ Or Surreybrooke? How about Felicita?

• diggerb2
    13 years ago

Hi Zuzu,

Have you tried the Mid Atlantic Forum here on Gardenweb.

There are 2 main reasons you get responses form gardeners in Ohio: your post is right next to the Cental Ohio Spring Swap posting (and thats a popular one) and we all like to help each other. There is also a Baltimore Ohio in Central Ohio so if you miss that you are in MD then we think you are nearby as well.

So i hope you are finding more people to garden with in your area.

Bill

• pippi21
    13 years ago

Try the Mid-Atlantic gardening forum. That covers Baltimore, Maryland area. I met some really nice gardeners last week at a plant swap from that area. I heard or read that there's an upcoming tomato swap in Baltimore area coming up.