Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisal_indy

Central Indiana Plant Swap

LisaL_Indy
21 years ago

Once again we are planning a plant swap for Central Indiana (other parts of Indiana are welcome). As before it will be held here in Indy at Holliday Park. Last year's events were great fun. We had lots of great gardening fellowship, brought home lots of goodies, and made new friends. If you are new to gardening and don't have much to trade, come anyway. We'll be happy to share our extras.

Here are the particulars:

1. Date/Time: Sunday May 18th @ 2:00

2. Location: Holliday Park 6363 Springmill Road

3. Bring your plants, self, family, friends, tables, chairs, snacks, beverages.

4. Pre-arranged trades through GW are helpful but not necessary.

5. Post here if you are attending so that we can all see who is coming and can check trade lists.

6. E-mail me if you wish to be put on the plant-swap e-mail list or if you have any questions.

7. Location in the park: Once you enter the park take an immediate left. Then pull into the first parking lot on the right. We will be under the giant Sycamore tree.

8. Our motto is to Keep It Simple, have fun, meet friends.

9. Weather: unless there are storms we will plan to meet even if it rains.

Hope to see you there!

Lisa

Comments (23)

• Carol_5
    21 years ago

Lisa
    I definitely am planning on coming and bringing a friend.

Carol
    Monticello/Purdue

• Jennifer_Ruth
    21 years ago

Sounds great. My husband and I plan to attend.

Jennifer
    Osceola, IN

• chrissbabes
    21 years ago

Sounds wonderful....I'll be there!!!

• steve_zn5
    20 years ago

I will be bringing some common hostas and a few daylillies If anyone wants to arrange a hosta trade for named varieties please email me and we can save the shipping.
    Steve

• nonacook
    20 years ago

I plan to be there! Will be good to see ya'll again.
    Zenova in Mansfield

• taternater
    20 years ago

I will be there. Check out my exchange page to see if there's anything you would like me to bring.
    See ya there.
    Scott

• lora_in
    20 years ago

Hi Guys,
    I'm comin and bringin a bunch of friends along! I'm going to have a bunch of stuff,everything from shasta dasies to hakone grass. And my 9 year old son has jade plants and mammilaria elongata "Copper King" to trade. Lora

• fionasol
    20 years ago

Rushing back from Chicago trip, just to make it! Might be bringing a friend or 2.

Fiona

• LisaL_Indy
    Original Author
    20 years ago

I finally got around to updating my trade lists. Please check it out and LMK if anything interest you.

• Dewbert
    20 years ago

I'm sure looking forward to this. I'm interested in, and have a few neat succulents. If anyone wants to pre-arrange succulent trades, please let me know.
    I have: lithops, kalanchoe fed., dwarf jade, tiger jaws aloe and aloe
    Peace.
    Dewbert

• Gardentoadz
    20 years ago

i'm planning to come too.

• icegardensnIN
    20 years ago

I am planning on coming this Sunday and may be bringing another gardenweb friend with me.

Some of the things I have potted up are:

Spiderwart
    Red Hot Poker
    1~ Wisteria
    yellow garden mums
    Lavender Bee Balm
    Lemon Balm
    Chocolate Mint

And some other plants,

I also, have tons of Black eyed Susans, am planning on digging them (early Sun. Morning) and bringing the clumps in a tub. If anyone is interested in large quanties of Black Eyed Susans, email me and I will bring however many you would like....... they seem to be taking over my garden.

Any one bringing any Garden Junk to trade? I have a ladder back chair that would look great with plants in the seat, BTW it has no caning in it, so you will have to use chicken wire and moss to line it. I did a red one last year with a Rabits foot fern in it, it turned out beautiful.

May find some other plants to bring, before the week is out.

ICE

icegardensnin@aol.com

• Jennifer_Ruth
    20 years ago

What an enjoyable day this was! Thank you all for your generosity at the end of the day. I will remember each of you when I look at your plants. Looking forward to fall!

Happy transplanting,
    Jennifer

• icegardensnIN
    20 years ago

Had a great time today, so many wonderful plants were swapped and shared! Thank you all so much!!!

Happy Gardening!!

:) Carol aka IceGardensnIN

• Dewbert
    20 years ago

Had a great time. It was really great meeting you all. Looking forward to doing it again in the fall.
    Peace.
    Dewbert

• barbs21
    20 years ago

Had a Great time and Thanks to every for all the good time and great plants.
    Got half of them in the flowerbeds last night. Harry is trying to decide where to put the Canna ;-), Little Rosie say's HI to everyone too ;-).

• LisaL_Indy
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Thanks to everyone who made it another great Swap! Looks like we'll try to do it again this fall on September 14th. Lora suggested the Southeastway Park it has shelters in case of rain and she said the foliage down there rivals Brown County. We'll provide directions when we get closer to the date.

Have a great summer everyone and thanks again! It was so much fun!

PS. DH took lots of pictures as soon as I have time I'll upload them to PictureTrail so we can all see how pretty we are (LOL).

• nonacook
    20 years ago

I HAD A WONDERFUL TIME AND WILL REALLY ENJOY THE THINGS I RECIEVED "FOR NOTHING" AND THE THINGS I TRADED FOR. LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING ALL OF YOU IN SEPTEMBER!

• jepper
    20 years ago

I just stumbled across this message, and was wondering if plans are in the works for spring 2004? I live at the far northside of Indy and would be glad to help!

• indylars
    20 years ago

Just saw this post too and wished I had seen it last year. I have so much that needs to be thinned out this year that I would love to trade with fellow Indy gardeners. I will keep my eye on this post through the spring.

• sillyhead
    20 years ago

bump? I have a friend who is in this area who has hosta plants and more to give away. Will there be a gathering this year?
    Thanks,
    Cindy

• vabyvlue
    10 years ago

there wasn't an exchange last year so I'm hoping that there is one this year.

• bkm5829
    8 years ago

I'm hosting a Plant Swap this Saturday, May 2, 2015 at 4 p.m. at 2573 W 100 N, Greenfield IN . Any questions please contact bkm58@att.net

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor