Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
neoaddict

Bromeliad Show/Sale New Orleans - Chester Skotak , Guest Speaker

neoaddict
16 years ago

The Greater New Orleans Bromeliad Society will host their annual judged show & sale May 3-4 at the Lakeside Shopping Center in Metairie, Louisiana.

World-renowned Bromeliad hybridizer and long-time rare plant collector CHESTER SKOTAK of Costa Rica will be at the mall all weekend. He will give a presentation on Saturday afternoon May 3 (not before 2 pm), showing photos of his nursery in Costa Rica and discussing some of his hybrids. On Saturday and Sunday, he will also be signing copies of his fascinating plant adventure, SEARCHING FOR MISS FORTUNA- THE HUNT FOR A BROMELIAD. (ChesterSkotak.com)

Tropiflora (Sarasota, Florida, tropiflora.com) will have a sales booth. The sale will also feature bromeliads from Margie Boe and a variety of unusual plants from club members. It should be a fun weekend with lots of interesting bromeliads to see and to buy. The New Orleans Jazz Fest is also happening.

Mark your calendar now:

Greater New Orleans Bromeliad Society

Saturday & Sunday, May 3-4

For Chester SkotakÂs presentation, meet at the show area by 2:00 pm Saturday.

Judging begins Saturday morning.

The sale begins Saturday at 10 am.

LAKESIDE SHOPPING CENTER (lakesideshopping.com)

3301 Veterans Memorial Boulevard, Metairie, Louisiana

Between N. Causeway Boulevard and Severn Avenue. Just off I-10, near the south shore of Lake Pontchartrain.

SHOW LOCATION: Veterans Blvd portion of the mall, by the new MacyÂs under construction

May 3, Saturday 10 am - 9 pm

May 4, Sunday Noon - 6 pm

From Kenner/N.O. Intl Airport/Baton Rouge

Get on I-10 E towards New Orleans.

Take Causeway Blvd exit #228 towards Causeway Blvd North/Mandeville.

Follow overpass over Veterans Memorial Boulevard.

Turn left at traffic light at 17th Street.

Turn left into Shopping Center.

From Slidell/N.O. East

Take I-10 W towards New Orleans.

Take exit #238B onto I-610 W toward Baton Rouge/NO Intl Airport.

Merge onto I-10 W.

Take Causeway Blvd exit #228, turn RIGHT onto Ramp towards Causeway Blvd North/Mandeville.

Stay to the rightÂdo not merge onto Causeway Blvd North.

Cross Veterans Memorial Boulevard. Turn left at 'Mall Entrance' sign under the overpass.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chester Skotak- Bromeliad Hybridizer & Author

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County