Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
taternater_gw

Central Indiana Plant Swap

taternater
19 years ago

Hi everyone. Lisa is moving out of state and has asked me to take over the plant swap details. I liked how the swap has gone over the past few years so I don't plan to change a thing. We have had lots of great gardening fellowship, brought home a ton of new plants and have made new friends each year. If you are new to gardening and don't have much to trade, come anyway. We'll be happy to share our extras.

Here are the particulars:

1. Date/Time: Sunday May 16th @2:00

2. Location: Holliday Park 6363 Springmill Road

3. Bring your plants, self, family, friends, tables, chairs,snacks,beverages.

4. Pre-arranged trades through GW are helpful but not necessary.

5. Post here if you are attending so that we can all see who is coming and can check trade lists.

6. E-mail me if you wish to be put on the plant-swap e-mail list or if you have any questions.

7. Location in the park: Once you enter the park take an immediate left. Then pull into the first parking lot on the right. We will be under the giant sycamore tree.

8. Our motto is KEEP IT SIMPLE, HAVE FUN, MEET FRIENDS.

9. Weather: Unless there are storms, we will plan to meet even if it rains.

Hope to see you there!

Scott

Comments (23)

• lora_in
    19 years ago

Yippee!
    We will be there! I have several shrubs,some named daylillies,maybe some hostas And lots of odds and bits.My son will probably have cactus& succulents. And of course I'll bring brownies! Thanks Taternater for carrying the torch! Lora

• RuralGardener
    19 years ago

Hi Scott, Count me in. Not sure what I am bringing yet. Anyone can check my list and e-mail me if you have a request. Thanks! Cindy

• taternater
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi all,
    By the way I forgot to mention what city. It is in Indianpolis In 46260.
    Scott

• indylars
    19 years ago

I'll be there with lots of Hostas. Herbs and any self seeded annuals that need to be thinned out.

• jepper
    19 years ago

I'll plan on attending w/snacks and veggie starts. E-mail me with any specific requests!

• fionasol
    19 years ago

Woohoo!
    Rearranging (again!) and dividing a lot this year, so I can't wait! I have a big patch of golden sundrops (oenothera fruiticosa) that needs to be moved--so I have a bunch to bring to the swap. The blooms were gorgeous last year, check out the link below!

My trade lists are fairly well updated, contact me with any specific requests!

Here is a link that might be useful:

• gabbysmom
    19 years ago

I'M BRAND NEW AND I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH I HAVE TO TRADE BUT I HAVE SOME HENS AND CHICKS AND A FEW ODDS AND ENDS. I WILL TRY TO BRING AS MUCH AS I CAN. PLEASE E-MAIL ME IF YOU WOULD LIKE SOME ARTEMESIAS ALSO.

• Luv_My_Boys
    19 years ago

I have some extra tomato seedlings (Stupice and Banana Legs, maybe a couple others)and some odds and ends, might get some forsythia babies as well. Carrie

• rustyjoints
    19 years ago

I will try to come too. Sounds delicious. Jenni

• Cindy_NC
    19 years ago

I'll be there...I have lilacs, sedum, bleeding heart and possibly some peonies. Also a few ferns. I've never been to one of these before but it sounds like great fun and I'm looking forward to it.. See you there.

Cindy

• mamabear
    19 years ago

Hi, What Town is this Held in,
    So I Can See if it is Driving Distance for me.
    Barb

• Luv_My_Boys
    19 years ago

I have lots of extra seed packets that I will bring as well. :) I can hardly wait!!

• fionasol
    19 years ago

OMYGOSH! Just looked in a compost bin that I turned several weeks ago, and found at least 30 happy tomato seedlings (about 4" tall or more with a few sets of true leaves). They are probably Juliet Grapes (link below)...or romas (not as likely). Anyone need some seedlings?

Fiona

Here is a link that might be useful: Juliet Grape Tomatoes

• IceGardens
    19 years ago

Hi Scott,

Looks like I will be coming on Sunday. Have a Holly, some rudibeckia's, Montana Rubens (Elizabeth) cuttings, a double columbine, lavender bee balm and a several other things potted up and waiting for new homes.

I will be bringing Micky (from Columbus) with me, and I am sure she will be bringing some interesting plants to swap also.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday!

Happy Gardening
    ICE aka Carol

• IceGardens
    19 years ago

Hi Everyone, just wanted to say thanks for the great company and all the great plants. Hope each and everyone of you made it home ok, this evening. I enjoyed the afternoon and look forward to doing another swap in the fall or next spring.

Would the person interested in the Everbearing Red Raspberries, please email me, and let me know if your planning on attending Micky's swap in Columbus next Sunday, or with your address, if your not able to make the swap.

Happy Gardening!

Carol

• juicylucy
    19 years ago

A BIG thanks to Scott for organizing this and to all for some wonderful plants! It was great to meet everyone & a lot of fun. Happy planting!

Crista

• fionasol
    19 years ago

Thanks to Scott and all the other wonderful gardeners for all the wonderful plants! Anyone want to come over and help me plant!?!?!

Fiona

• Luv_My_Boys
    19 years ago

thank you, Thank you all for the fun and plants yesterday!

I got everything planted yesterday except the hollyhock and the lilac start.

Looking forward to next year.
    :) :) :) Carrie

• Lauren Clear
    19 years ago

Hey, you're in Anderson!!! We used to live there for 20 years! We both worked at St. Johns. We moved back in 1989 to Virginia, but have family still in Indiana. Hope you have a fun plant swap.

• julia_123
    19 years ago

I missed this one, but hopefully will catch the next one!

• plant_monkey
    19 years ago

Just wanted to take a minute to thank the people that gave us some wonderful plants at the swap this year.

The Banana legs turned out pretty well, the Black Krim were ok, but suffered just like the rest of my tomatos this year. The Brandywine was amazing, and took over my garden, but had ripening issues from the cold.

The Angel's Trumpet is going to flower shortly, I think that I didn't feed it enough, do they normally bloom sooner?

The Winter cabbage fed the baby bunnies well.

Thanks again to all, are there plans for a fall swap?

--plant_monkey

• Luv_My_Boys
    19 years ago

This was so much fun last year; have any dates been set for an '05 swap?

Carrie

• taternater
    Original Author
    19 years ago

There are plans for a 05 Plant Swap. Will post all the details around the first part of April. At this point and time it looks to be on May 15th. Spread the word and invite as many people as you'd like. If anyone would like to be added to the E-mail Plant Swap list, let me know and I will put you on it.
    I look forward to seeing you all again.
    Scott, Charlotte, Rose and Eric(our newest of 6 months)