Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
happycamper7

Central Indiana Spring Plant Swap 2012

HappyCamper7
12 years ago

Central Indiana Spring Plant Swap 2012

Sunday, April 29, 2012, 2:00 pm (Rain or Shine)

Holliday Park, 6363 Spring Mill Road, Indianapolis, IN 46260

PLEASE tell all your gardening friends, family, and colleagues! We're having the Central Indiana Fall Plant Swap on April 29th. We are encouraging all gardeners to participate! We typically have perennials, annuals, bulbs, tubers, herbs, vegetables, and shrubs. There's no cost to participate. Just bring in your divisions, leftovers, and extra plants!

DIRECTIONS inside the park: Once you enter the park take an immediate left. Then pull into the first parking lot on the right. We will be under the giant sycamore tree. Look for signs that organize plants.

MINUMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PLANT SWAP:

- You must bring at least one dozen (12) plants - some people bring more than 50.

- At least two (2) varieties of plants

- Try to bring one plant that is extra special.

- Use Waterproof Labels on Each Plant. Clearly identified: Plant Name - Color - Sun need

(Examples: *HOSTA: Halcyon, Shade. *DAYLILLY: Happy Returns, Sun) It�s a nice touch to include a picture of the blooming plant. Pictures can be found at Google in the Images tab.

- For Best Results plants should NOT be dug up and divided that day. It is better to dig up plants a few days to a week before swap minimize the plants stress.

TRADING MATERIALS to consider

Perennials (well rooted); bulbs; shrubs; seedlings w/ lots of roots; garden ornaments, tools, magazines and books; etc.

HOW IT WORKS

The swap will be conducted in the ROUND ROBIN Format - it works well and is a lot of fun:

*Round One - pick one plant *Next Round - pick one plant *Next Round - pick two plants * *And so on . . . This way everyone gets a chance to get some of the plants they really have on eye on. This works well and other swaps have had great success with it in the past. Everyone should be able to take home as many plants as they bring.

KEEP IT SIMPLE, HAVE FUN, MEET FELLOW GARDENERS

* Post what you are planning to swap, and/or update your plant list.

* Bring a box or container labeled with your name to put your new plants.

* We plan to meet even if it rains - bring those rain coats, umbrellas, etc.

*E-mail me if you wish to be put on the plant-swap e-mail list.

Comments (6)

• HappyCamper7
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Cancelled Due to Orchard in the Park

• MrsGreenThumbs
    11 years ago

I was hoping we could get together and reschedule this event. I was very much looking forward to it. Perhaps the 6th, or the 13th of May?

If it has to be the 29th, perhaps we could just pick another park. Wiki has a list of Indy parks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_parks_in_Indianapolis Or we could try the Indy Parks site: http://www.indy.gov/eGov/City/DPR/Pages/IndyParksHome.aspx

Is there anything I can do to help raise support or get the word out? Perhaps we could send out e-mails to previous participants or open a "Meet Up" event?

• bkm58
    11 years ago

HappyCamper7 will it be rescheduled since it was cancelled? lots of gardeners wanting information. I usually post it on my facebook page once it's set. Hope to get it reset. Thanks.

• MrsGreenThumbs
    11 years ago

There is some discussion going on inside last year's thread: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/gather/msg0210160813100.html?27089

about possibly rescheduling to the end of may.

• vabyvlue
    11 years ago

Hi there!

Has a new date been set for the 2013 Central Indiana Garden Swap?

I am already digging plants that need a new home.

• dandymandy
    10 years ago

Would love to participate, any ideas?
    Or.... I would love some hostas. Have Coneflower, sage, orange lilies, vinca and LOTS of seeds available in exchange.
    Happy planting!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!