Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hagey_gw

Plant Exchange at Harris Nature Center Okemos, MI

hagey
20 years ago

The Plant Exchange, Saturday, May 8, 9:30 to 11:30 AM, Harris Nature Center, 3998 Van Atta Road, Okemos, MI. 517-349-3866 for more inormation. Please mark your plants with their names if possible. Exchanging starts at 9:30. See you there.

Comments (3)

• michiganmom
    20 years ago

I sure hope to attend. I really wanted to take my 3 boys to the special event last Sat but the middle child had a soccer game and the youngest had practice right after the game. I bet it will be the same for the 8th but I am going to be there even though I don't have a lot to exchange.

What sort of things are you bringing? What I have are extra seeds, some maple seedlings and I could bring some hostas and Iris's.

Any suggestions of what to bring would be nice. We live on several acres and have lots of plants and trees. I could even dig up some of our treasured crocus's. I could also bring daffodils.

How about poppies? Does anyone like them? I have lots of seeds and could bring tiny plants. I know they are not supposed to transplant well but I've never had any trouble transplanting them. I actually have been trying to kill off the poppies. They are in a very shady area and look weedy.

Doreen

I really don't know what anyone is going to want.

Doreen

• hagey
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Doreen, anything you bring will be ok. Everyone just brings all the plants that they have extra to share, and see that they get a home instead of just tossing them out. It seems like there is always someone looking for everything anyone brings. I am bringing some annuals,perennials, herbs. It helps to have them divided potted, and marked. She starts right at 9:30 and everyone picks up what they want. Right now I have about 30 plants to bring. Happy to have you join us. I was at the Meridian Garden Club table, helping children plant seeds on Sat at the Harris Nature Center. Had a nice crowd and I think the kids all had fun. The animals and wildlife had their attention. See you. Betty

• baskettina1
    20 years ago

Hi Betty!
    We met last year in Ann Arbor at Dr. Baker's plant exchange. I can't wait to see you. I plan to attend the Harris Nature Center and will bring a friend as well. She's new, but has a few things to share. Doreen, don't be shy about sharing anything! I'd love some of your poppies. As Betty said, the goal is to give away what you have too many of and get new things. I plan on bringing trollius, yellow primrose, oregano, monarda and jeruselum artichoke, hosta and of course, orange day lillies! See you soon!!!!

Susan