Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
taternater_gw

Central Indiana Plant Swap

taternater
19 years ago

Hello

Once again we are planning a Central Indiana Plant Swap(surrounding areas welcome as well). It will be held at Holiday Park in Indianapolis. Over the years we have had lots of great gardening fellowship, brought home a ton of new plants and have made a lot of new friends. If you are new to gardening and don't have much to trade, come anyway. We'll be happy to share our extras.

Here are the particulars:

1. Date/Time: Sunday May 15th@2:00P.M.

2. Location: Holliday Park 6363 Springmill Road Indianapolis

3. Bring your plants, self, family, tables,chairs,snacks,beverages.

4. Pre-arranged trades through GW are helpful but not necessary.

5. Post here if you are attending so that we can all see who is coming and can check trade lists.

6. E-mail me if you wish to be put on the plant-swap e-mail list or if you have any questions.

7. Location in the park: Once you enter the park take an immediate left. Then pull into the first parking lot on the right. We will be under the giant sycamore tree.

8. Our moto is KEEP IT SIMPLE, HAVE FUN, MEET FRIENDS.

9. Weather: unless there are storms, we will plan to meet even if it rains.

Hope to see you there!

Scott

Here is a link that might be useful: Driving directions to the park

Comments (34)

• katielovesdogs
    19 years ago

I'll see you there!!!!

• hija_de_lamadre
    19 years ago

We will try to be there.

• fionasol
    19 years ago

Woohoo! I'll be there too, hoping to bring some friends/new gardeners!

My trade lists are mostly up to date, but as spring really hits, I should be adding more to my "plants to trade" list. I've linked up some photos from my garden to most of the plants I have to trade.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos from trade list

• gabbysmom
    19 years ago

I'LL BE THERE WITH MY HUSBAND THIS YEAR. I'M BRINGING MY SON AND NEICE THIS YEAR AGAIN. MAYBE A FRIEND OR TWO! SEE YOU THERE!

• julia_123
    19 years ago

I will try to come, and bring a friend!

• Luv_My_Boys
    19 years ago

I will be attending. Don't know yet what plants I will have though. :)

• ademink
    19 years ago

I'm going to try to be there also w/ my hubby. Not sure what plants I'll have yet but am sure to have a BUNCH (even after all I gave to you, hija_de_lamadre! lol). :)

• jepper
    19 years ago

I'll be there. I'm tilling new areas for flowers/bushes this spring, but am basically clueless as to what will do well in Indianapolis, so I'm looking for the basics.

However, I am a good vegetable gardener, so if anyone wants to put their request in to me for seedlings, please contact me and would be thrilled to provide! In particular, I baby my tomato and pepper seedlings, and they do amazing, so let me know if you have a request.

• Northernstar
    19 years ago

I will try to be there...

• nonacook
    19 years ago

Thanks for the email! I'm not sure I will be there,but will be in Indiana at that time.

• RuralGardener
    19 years ago

Hello all. I am going to try to be there. I have had a lot of fun at the previous trades.

Cindy

• linda5
    19 years ago

I'll be there. Thanks for the email Scott!! This will be my first swap meet. I am really looking forward to meeting fellow gardeners. Linda

• Chele_IN
    18 years ago

If all goes well, Carol (aka ice) and I will be there...

I don't have a trade list up yet, we moved in Sept and there are lots of 'new to me' things popping up in my flower beds, I'm still checking everything out!

Chele (aka Micky)

• dougnjess
    18 years ago

I will be there! I am bringing my hubby, dad, mom, and aunt. I may also bring a coworker. This is one shindig I look forward to all year! I'll bring some wrought iron garden decor, a few 2 year old black cherry trees, double lilacs, comfrey*(maybe), and some sundrops. I also have some extra seeds, so they will come too.

• Chele_IN
    18 years ago

If anyone would like some Virginia Bluebells let me know, they are growing all over the place down by the creek, but I'll need to know ahead of time who wants them, and how many.

Chele

• Jason morrall
    18 years ago

I will try to be there .

• Luv_My_Boys
    18 years ago

Darn, scheduling changed and I am probably going to have to miss the swap :(. Let me know if there will be on in the fall though!!

• RuralGardener
    18 years ago

We are in the countdown for the trade on Sunday!! Looking forward to seeing you all!

Cindy

• taternater
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi all,
    The Plant swap is this Sunday! Looking forward to seeing everyone again and hopefully some new faces. I think my plant list is completly updated, so if anyone would like me to bring them anything just let me know. Otherwise we will see you Sunday.
    Scott

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

I am located in Iowa, but would love to come and meet new friends, and swap some plants. How long does the plant swap last? I hope that it is ok to join.....PLMK

Blessings, Tina

• Thirteensqirrlz
    18 years ago

We will try to be there for a little while. We're looking forward to it! And is there going to be one in the fall? May have more time for that one...

Thanks!
    Elizabeth

• fionasol
    18 years ago

Tina,
    I think the swap last year might have lasted about 2 hours? Does anyone else remember better??

And, of cours, it is totallly okay to join!

• lora_in
    18 years ago

Hey Folks,
    I'm going to make it! I have a _ton_ of plants that need homes-but I cant fit any new plants in. I'll update my trade list so look there for details. See ya Sunday! Lora

• fionasol
    18 years ago

Yay--the swap is almost here! I'm so excited to see you all (and your plants!)!! I'll probably even bring some baked goodies along to thank you all for the wonderful trades.

I've talked at least one new-to-gardening friend into joining us, and I'm picking up plants for another pair of new gardeners who won't be able to join us. Speaking of...if anyone has ferns to give away, or shady/woodland groundcovers (no vinca please), they'd really like some!

• indyflower
    18 years ago

I'm new to gardening and just located the info about the plant swap on Sunday. I would enjoy meeting people who garden. I have a few plants and many seeds to trade.

• IceGardens
    18 years ago

Got my fingers crossed that we will have some great weather tomorrow, I sure hope the storms are history for a while. My garden is almost floating :(

Looking forward to seeing everyone again tomorrow!

Carol

• juicylucy
    18 years ago

I'm very sad that I wasn't able to attend today :( Had every intention of coming and something came up at the last minute, GRRRRRRRRRRR. Hope everyone had a great time! Scott, please keep me on the list for future swaps!

Crista

• indyflower
    18 years ago

The Indiana Plant Swap was Great! I had fun meeting you all and got some get plants!! Thanks Scott for everything, you are a friendly and generious person.
    Harriette

• taternater
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi all,
    I just wanted to thank everyone for all the plants that I received at the swap. Once again I had a great time. I think next year I will have to rent a U-haul truck to transport all the plants to and from.
    Be on the lookout for a fall swap. Chele(AKA Micky) will be organizing that one.
    Thanks again.
    Scott

• fionasol
    18 years ago

Thank you all for a wonderful plant-filled afternoon! Gardeners are such wonderful folks to spend time with. :)

I heard a rumor that there will be a Fall Swap down in Columbus...hope to hear more about that soon!

For the folks who escaped before the very end of the swap...you missed out on the plant/clown car routine as I tried to fit everything in my hatchback. The DH of Lora_IN stood shaking his head as he saw the pile of plants I had to fit in the car...so, of course, he felt compelled to help. By the end of it, we had about 6 people trying to fit everything in my little hatchback. There was applause as we managed to slam the doors shut with everything inside. :) I wish I'd taken before & after pictures.

Thank you all so much for the wonderful plants.

• reads_n_writes
    18 years ago

I'm so sad that I missed this! How can I get on the list for future swaps? If anybody wants to get together in the meantime to talk gardening or swap some other plants I'd love to. I'm still learning what all I have at my new house but I've already found some good stuff like jack-in-the-pulpit flowers, and other cool woodland plants---oh yeah, and I have plenty of poison ivy if you're interested ;o)

SO sad I missed it!

• jackie65
    18 years ago

I am so sorry I missed last Sunday, I have really just gotten into the whole gardening thing starting last year, if anyone in the area still has any starts left let me know I would love to add to my gardens, and I could let you know what I have for trade or maybe work out a deal, I am really looking for additional hostas to add onto my small collection and some tall grass

• draftsman28
    18 years ago

New to the group and looking for folks to swap with. I have spring fever as usual. It might be a bit early to ask but is this swap scheduled for 2006 yet?

• Luv_My_Boys
    18 years ago

I missed this last spring's swap too. :( Going to be sure to make it this year; my fancy grass needs divided, so I know at least one thing that i will be bringing!

--Carrie