Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stardust_gw

2nd Annual Plant Swap in Deerfield

stardust
18 years ago

I've been trying to post this for several weeks with no success. This will be the fourth attempt ....

2nd Annual Deerfield Plant Swap

Annuals! Perennials! Ground Cover! Veggies! Herbs! Trees! Bulbs! Shrubs! Books! New Friends! Garden Décor! Misc Garden Items! Houseplants! Food! Fun! Ideas! Information!

May 21st@ the Deerfield Town Hall. Located at 1450 SR 14 just North of the SR 225 intersection and the Deerfield Circle (next to the Deerfield Methodist Church)

Arrival time is 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. with lunch at noon and the plant swap starting at 1:00. The swap is held last in the event a guest should get a little behind schedule they will still be able to participate in the most important part of our day.

Bring one plant or ÂseveralÂ. You will be able to choose a plant in exchange for each one you bring. Please be sure your trades are potted (well in advance for their health) and of the size and quality you would like to receive yourself.

Other garden related items are acceptable for trade offerings (i.e. gardening books, garden decorations, etc). But remember, they need to be a worthy exchange for a plant: (clean, in good repair and desirable items).

Bring a covered dish to share (with a serving utensil); and for yourself, your favorite beverage. There will be tableware provided for you.

There will be fun and surprises. One never knows what I will Âdig up.

Bring a friend! The more the merrier! Just fill them in on the above info and RSVP with either your attendance or a group number if you have several. I need the number for planning set up, etc. Last minute guests are welcome and I will plan for extras.

For more info and RVSPÂs:

Denice

STARDUST44411@msn.com

(330) 654-2548

See you there!

Hopefully this will post this time. I have done a little trouble shooting with my ISP but I'm no genius.

STARDUST

Comments (5)

• stardust
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Finally, success! I've only been trouble shooting my 'little problem' for about 6 weeks ... Thanks to the new technology of Microsoft, I was unable to post to this forum previously. It just goes to show, that sometimes a 'good thing', aint so good.

Anyway, I appologize for the short notice and I realize many of you have already committed to the Hilliard swap, but for those that can and are interested, please get in touch.

Girls, one of these days I'll make it to the Columbus area for your swap =( REALLY I will. I thought this would be the year, obviously it is not.

There are many of last year's attendees returning and many of them are bringing friends this year. Of course as when you plan anything, one cannot choose a date that works for everyone. That is the case with this as well so there are once again a few that have previous engagements to attend to.

There will once again be 'lots' of plants to choose from. I personally have Hostas, Gooseberry plants, Cannas, a few yound potted trees, and who knows what perennials or herbs I'll get potted this week. Just make sure yours are potted up ahead of time to keep them happy and insure their success for the new owner; & remember we also trade in other garden items too(pots, decor, tools, books, etc). There might even be a couple of my famous, personally made cement stepping stones. They could show up as a trade item or even as a door prize. These aren't your 'Lowe's' stepping stones .....

You folks from PA and WV (or anywhere else for that matter) are more than welcome too. Deerfield is less than an hour from PA and about the same from some parts of WV. I know because I've been there. We're about half way between Akron and Youngstown (Boardman) and not at all hard to find or get to.

Stardust

• stardust
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I know it seems like I'm talking to myself and that no one is interested in this swap but me. BUT most of the folks from GW that came last year, have e-mailed me directly so there's no intereactive dialogue here.

Actually ... this is just a reminder. There's still time to RSVP or your 'could' just drop in if you find yourself free on that day. It's easy to find and there will be lots of variety. A little birdie told me that.

Stardust

• stardust
    Original Author
    18 years ago

OK, it's getting close. There are about 2 dozen comfirmed attendees. Of course I have also lost a couple more. Annell is a 'brand new grandma'! and Jeanine ended up having to go out of town to work. Hey, it happens.

The door prizes are ready, the center pieces are done, my plants are not only potted but most are already in the trailer (yeah, tailer, I can't get these all in my Blazer, most of mine are in half gallon or larger sized pots) I have counted two dozen pots of them so far ... Bee Balm, Society Garlic, Bearded Iris, Black Eyed Susan, creeping Sedum, Hostas, Daylily, Obedient Plant, Lemon Balm, mints, and I'm not done loading yet. Oh, yeah, the Cannas. Unfortunately they are not potted. No time, they will be bare root. I got almost 60 pots in the trailer last year. Not this year, I ended up having to bring about half as many home ... THEN I had to find somewhere to plant them. There will also be some stepping stones ... newly poured.

There are even plants for those that want to come that are new to gardening and don't think they have a plant to share. I will personally see to it that you have at least one plant for your garden this year. I will be goig through my seed box yet too (as soon as I find a minute). I know there are goodies in there that need someone to sprout and pamper them.

Unfortunately I did not get veggies started for this year's swap. But if any of you have some, I'd love to have a chance at them. I don't have any plants for my veggie garden yet. In fact, I'm still planting seeds in hopes that they will make the season yet. If I can just keep the Chipmunks out of my Greenhouse. They keep eating the sunflower seeds I've been trying to sprout for the youngsters on my school bus route for end of the year summer gifts. I'll kill the little varmits. I think I've out smarted them. I have now covered the trays with a grate to HOPEFULLY deter them.

ANYONE WANTING TO GET ON THIS WAGON YET ONLY NEEDS TO E-MAIL ME WITH A NUMBER OF ATTENDING GUESTS. THEN JUST BRING YOUR POTTED PLANT/PLANTS, YOUR COVERED DISH AND YOUR BEVERAGE. IT'S ALL GOOD!

• garrie
    17 years ago

Does one have to be a master gardener to enjoy this? I live near, flower garden hap-hazardly. Enjoy watching stuff grow. Will never be a member of a garden club 'cause I find it hard to remenember names, human or plants.

• sunshine_bear
    17 years ago

Hi Denice, I will be there. Lee