Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenkiwi_gw

sw michigan perennial swap

GardenKiwi
18 years ago

We could not have had better weather for the 2005 Spring Perennial Swap and Pot Luck that was held on 21 May in Byron Center Michigan. The sky was a brilliant blue and the temperature was in the mid 70s. People came from near and far, bearing lots of plants and great food to share.

Many thanks to Bev for hosting the swap - I know she put in a lot of hard work in the time previous to the date (I will have to come back and check out that well-scrubbed kitchen floor!) and was relieved to see that I wasnÃt going to be asked to do any weeding - she had that already done! It was a pleasure to relax in such a beautiful yard with all those lovely flowers and plants - a feast for the eyes for sure. Thanks also to those who brought along paper bags, knives, forks, spoons, napkins and paper plates and helped unload cars and carry plants. Your generosity of spirit was noticed and very much appreciated.

I was checking on some things and came up with the following:

Total Swappers = 25

Total People = 39

Total Plants = 686

A lot of people came quite a distance to help make the day a success - here are some of the approximate miles traveled:

South Bend IM = 112 miles

Manton MI = 121 miles

Columbiaville MI = 148 miles

Traverse City MI = 155 miles

Washington MI = 163 miles

Marine City MI = 196 miles

Belvidere IL = 259 miles

St. Paul IN = 317 miles

Three cheers to one and all and thanks for making the swap a success.

2005 FALL SWAP & POTLUCK will be held in the park in Wayland Michigan - check your calendar and plan to join us there the last Saturday of Sept - 24 September.

Hope to see you there!

Kiwi