Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
garden_hands_feet

Plant Swap in Winter Park, Florida on Saturday. October 21st

garden_hands_feet
17 years ago

Greetings Fellow Gardeners!

I am hosting a plant swap meet at my home in Winter Park on Saturday, October 21st from 9:00am - 3:00pm. Bring plant cuttings, seeds, plants and your best gardening spirit along with a chair, some food and snacks to share (I plan on having the BBQ ready to "receive.") If you would like a fun "side trip," Harry P. Leu Gardens and Mead Garden are both 1/2 miles from my home. I have started an e-list of folks who have expressed an interest to attend. Please, let me know if you are coming. You can e-mail me at disilkwood@yahoo.com. I will send out updates along the way and detailed directions right before the event. This is my first plant swap and I aim for success! Diana

Comments (4)

• garden_hands_feet
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We are well on our way to a fun, successful Plant Swap on the 21st of October. So far, about 15 folks are attending, with the date still more than two months in the future. I have been as busy as a bee potting plants and starting seeds. My offerings, so far, will be heirloom tomato & pepper plants, some herb plants, a couple kinds of kenafs, some ruellia and a few Sago palm pups. I am starting some cuttings of "Blue Sky," thunbergias, some pink and some red mandevilla vines and some purple "Poor ManÂs Orchids," epidendrums. My husband, Bruce, is busy seeding more African tulip trees, eucalyptus citridoria and pineapple guavas. Plant freaks R Us! Anyone have water gardens? We may have a couple of extra lotus plants. Keep spreading the word and see you soon, Diana

• scents_from_heaven
    17 years ago

It will be a fabulous plant swap, as we Floridians know how to share plants, eat and have a good time. You always go home wiht lots more plants than you bring. Newbies are welcome and if you do not have anything to trade, please come anyway and meet your fellow gardeners. It is a wonderful opportunity to get to put faces to the names you see on the Florida Forum. Diana is doing a great job organizing and now I want a pineapple guava and some eucalyptus and uh well uh I want it all. *g* See you all there we even welcome people from other states if you would like to come and have a blast with us. We are known as the people who have car keys will travel. Heading to another swap down the state the next day. Oh life is good. Live on plants Live on. Linda

• bananafan
    17 years ago

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Any idea when will be the next one this year?

• vickers501
    17 years ago

I hope someone has it again, diana and her husband did a WONDERFUL job for their 1st swap! Their yard is breathtaking! hope we get that group together with more newbies!

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler