Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dianemgarrett

columbus ohio plant swap/potluck sept 17, 2006 fall 2nd

dianemgarrett
17 years ago

Date: SEPTEMBER 16, 2006 (Tell your friends)

Time: 10:00 - 3:00 Shelter house #5

Place: Hilliard Municipal Park on Veterans Memorial Dr, Hilliard, Ohio. Take outer belt I-270 & go west getting off at Cemetery Rd exit (go toward hilliard). 2 miles until right past Main St. Cemetery dead ends into Scioto Darby - turn right . Go a few blocks down & turn left onto Veterans Memorial Dr. First shelter house on the right #5 (same shelter house as spring swap).

Material : Plant well-rooted cutting in pots, bulbs, shrubs, garden ornaments or junk art, garden magazines bundled up & gardening books. Please mark containerÂs with kind of flower plus sun or shade. Use old containers, cups & for labels use plastic forks (or old blinds) with black permanent markers.

Potluck: I donÂt know which is best the food or plant swap. Please bring a dish to share & utensils (mark your name) and any beverage. I will provide plates, cups & napkins.

10:00 - 12:00 People start arriving . Sign in at registration table with the # of plants, e-mail, sign up for door prizes & name tags. Donation jar for the shelter house which cost $30.00 to rent. Put your plants you brought to trade into there areas.(perennial, herbs, shrubs. Daylily, iris est.) Visit with other gardeners & view all the plants ready to trade. This swap is patterned after Beverly & Mimi fourth year plant swap. Last fall in September we had a small group of 50 traders but, lots of daylilies, iris & other plants !!

12:00 Enjoy our wonderful potluck. After lunch door prizes donated by our wonderful gardeners friends. Many thanks!!

1:00 Round robin: What we are all waiting for!! Round robin one everyone selects 1 plants. Round robin two everyone take 1 plants. Round robin 3 everyone takes two plants. Round robin 4 everyone takes three. Round robin 5 everyone takes 4 plants & so on. Everyone should be able to take as many plants as they brought. At the end there is usually a lot of plants left over for any one to take (some of use bring extra plants).

Tips of the day: Please bring a wagon the help everyone unload there plants ( mark your wagon no trade). Folding chairs, table for plants, potluck dish & of course all these wonderful plants to trade. Any question go on line fellow swapers will help answer any questions.

R.S.V.P : www.gardennweb.com./forums/get-together Then click on the Ohio valley or plant swap. You will find Central Ohio plant swap/potluck. IÂ canÂt wait until September for another swap .

See you at the swap. Happy gardening!! Diane Garrett

Comments (109)

• storygardener
    17 years ago

Hi Granny! Today my friend, Mimi, came over and did some digging for me - for the swap!! She even dug up your hellebore foetitis. Thanks, buddy, Mimi. I am bummed with this foot..but, it will heal eventually. I have a bunch of Birds and Blooms magazine to bundle up to trade too. I'll have some things to trade.

Jaunital...there are no silly questions, really!! Usually we ask folks to present the plant or whatever well. If you can pot it up, that's good. Or, if it's a big big hunk you can put it in a plastic grocery bag with handles. If you have bulbs..you can put them loosely in cups (or recycled container like cottage cheese, etc.) Certain \plants are sometimes (but, not always) presented with roots or such showing...like daylilies or iris. Basically, present a plant the way you'd be happy receiving it.

Seeds..alot of times - folks just put their seeds out for folks just for sharing. I don't think this will be an actual seed exchange. Maybe Diane has a different idea...but, that's how she did it last year.

Garden photography would be lovely! You could put as a door prize or use for trading. There's an area when folks put non plant things for trading like old shovels, pots, extra crafts etc.

It's getting closer!.........Beverly

• granny57
    17 years ago

Storygardener,
    Isn't it great to have wonderful friends like you have in Mimi? If I didn't have such good friends and Grandchildren to help me with the yard and plants,I'd be in a real pickle.I never turn help down,I feed them a good snack or meal,And I'd clothe them if I had to.LOL!!
    I have a nice large area to plant in now and and my friend Jane is coming over to help me tomorrow.
    I will be going to a large plant sale this weekend where the sale is 25/50% off.Like I need more.
    I'm behind on getting the plants ready, But it's cool enough that it won't really hurt them.
    Heres to a healthy healing foot Bev!!!
    Mimi!
    Don't work too hard!!Be seeing you in 10 days!!!
    Granny57
    Todays Memories Are Tomorrows Treasures
    May You Have Many Yesterdays!!!

• granny57
    17 years ago

Would anyone be interested in any Bamboo?
    I know it's supposed to be a scarry plant and all,I've had 2 different kinds for 6 years and they are just now starting to pop new shoots.They were both given to me without a name but I didn't care,It was a free gift. One is almost like a weeping Bamboo and the other is a straight up form and only 4 feet maybe 4/12 feet tall,But that could be because it's in pretty much shade.
    Any one want to trade anything for it?Let me know,If you don't have anything to trade for and would like a start I will just let you have it.Now that's an offer you can't refuse!!Or maybe you can!!LOL I only have a start off of each,Because like I said"They have just started to pop new shoots.
    Granny57

• storygardener
    17 years ago

I put together 6 bundles of gardening magazine (Birds & Blooms, Country Gardening, Garden Gate, etc - about 4 to a bundle) So, I'll be able to select about 10 things. That will be fun.

Granny...there's two kinds of bamboo - clumping and running. The one with runners is extremely invaisive. Sounds like you have a clumping bamboo.

Beverly

• ohio_homegrown
    17 years ago

Hi Diane,

I'm finally going to make an Ohio Swap, thanks for scheduling it this fall. I've only been to one years ago and it was a great time. I will be bringing a friend so count us in as (2). We will be bringing a little of everything. I will have a couple of toadlillys for you shade/woodland lovers.

Nancy, hummm, you have rhubbarb? I've been thinking about adding it to my vegy patch. Hope I'll be lucky enough to get some.

Now I've got to see this hosta, hanky panky, and what all the hipe is about.

Not sure what I'm bringing but it will more than likely have chocolate in it!

See you soon. Linda & Mary Jo

• granny57
    17 years ago

Storygardener,
    Thanks for the info, I'm not sure which one is which though.They both have starts or shoots that have popped up away from the original plant. Is that still considered a clump form?
    Granny57
    May You have many Yesterdays!!!

• storygardener
    17 years ago

Granny...in the clumping form, the plant's new shoots come up right next to and near the original plant. If it's coming up away from the main plant, it might be a running bamboo.

Folks...I spoke with Betty (Hagey) today. They'll be down from Michigan for sure. Yippeee!!

Beverly

• granny57
    17 years ago

Well Storygardener,
    I guess that settles that!!!No one will want any Bamboo if it's a runner!!I better try to get rid of it FAST!!
    Happy to know Hagey is coming,She's a real sweetie!!!
    See You All Soon!
    Granny57
    May You Have many Yesterdays!!

• dianemgarrett
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hello gardener.
    I week a counting. Maybe it will be a little cooler next week. See you then.
    Ohio homegrown I would love toadlilys or any other woodland plants. Send me your want list. dianemgarrett@yahoo.com thanks

• sunburygirl
    17 years ago

Hi Juanitel! Come to the swap and bring whatever you have. Potted perennials, bulbs, even photography. Everything always seems to find a home!

Ohio Homegrown, I'll try to dig you up one of my rhubarb plants. Honestly, one is probably all you'll need since they grow stalks with abandon.

Karen and Jodie, sweeties that they are, came up last night and helped me dig plants. Digging up the six Blue Muffin Viburnum almost killed us, but we won!

Has any got a small TV to bring? That way the OSU fanatics would have something to crowd around for the pre-game, etc.

• storygardener
    17 years ago

I love it Sunbury girl...a true Buckeye fan. We could bring a TV because there's electrical hookup!

Today Murray dug up some more plants - some pretty greenish blue groundcover sedum with yellow flowers, a black eyed susie and some oat grass.

So I've got:
    oat grass
    black eyed susan
    sedum
    becky shasta daisey
    1 tripteris coreopsis (prairie/wildflower - 6ft tall)
    bundles of magazines
    a door prize

Should be fun!!!

The six day forcast says a nice day, too!

Beverly

• jeanne
    17 years ago

Hi everybody! Mom has already talked to Diane, but I just wanted to post on here and RSVP for the two of us. Haven't been on GW too much lately, I'm redoing a corner of the garden and the weather's been so good the last week I've gotten a lot done. Now I've got a little room for a few new things! :)

Thanks so much for hosting the swap, Diane. See you all soon!

Jeanne

• storygardener
    17 years ago

Yippee - I am so glad that Jeanne is coming with her Mama!

My neighbors, Shelly & her daughter, are coming to the swap. She may not be able to get there until right before 1pm. I told her to leave enough time to see all the plants before the swappin' starts!

Beverly

• xaroleht
    17 years ago

Sunbury girl, We've been looking for a good rubarb for years. If you have another we would love it. We just can't seem to find one that grows like our Grandfathers' plants did. I am also looking for the orange echinacha if anyone has any. Looking forward to Sat. Probably won't have as many plants as we have in the past since it has been a hectic couple of weeks around here. See everyone soon. M

• princess_mimi
    17 years ago

Hi everyone! It's so fun to hear what eveyone is bringing! I got sick this weekend (so did 3 of the boys) so the 'Green Eyes Wink" Hemerocallis that I plan on bringing will be in bags. One of the reasons that I love Daylillies is that they are so easy going. I don't know how many there will be until I get them out of the ground. If it doesn't rain too hard tomorrow I should be able to dig them up then.

I have the pasta that I'll use for the Italian dish I'm bringing. Should be a fun and yummy occaision!

See y'all soon!

~~Mimi

• hagey
    17 years ago

The time has gone so fast and here we are ready for the swap. I just finished potting up 50 plants to bring beside some personal trades. Unless I run across something else I need to dig out.
    This is what we found that needs a new home:
    Asarum
    Campanula - Cherry Bells
    Celandine Poppy
    Columbine
    Corydalis
    Cranesbill Geranium
    Hardy Ageratum
    Hardy Strawberry Begonia
    Jacob's Ladder
    Goat's Beard
    Meadowsweet
    Pulmonaria
    I hope someone likes them and gives them a good home.
    See you all Saturday.

• ohio_homegrown
    17 years ago

So far I have potted up:
    Shasta Daisies
    Purple Coneflowers
    (1) Hydrangea - pink
    Toad Lillies

Tomorrow I hope to pot up:
    Lilly of the Valley
    Sweet Autumn Clematis
    (1) Oat Grass

I've got lots of gorgeous double salmon poppie seeds, if anyone would like to see a pic of them, send me your email address. I winter sowed in a 5'x10' raised bed and it almost completely filled with these poppies. I will package up if there is a big interest in them. lsbanks@columbus.rr.com

Sunbury girl..good ideal, GO BUCKS! and bring on the TV. And thanks for bringing a rhubbarb for me!

Diane, I don't have a trade list but I could use some orange in my garden and I will save you a toad or two in any case.

Linda

• princess_mimi
    17 years ago

Linda! I know that I'd love some poppy seeds! I'm sure others would as well. I'm getting excited!

~~Mimi

• steph98
    17 years ago

I'd love some poppy seeds too! Bring a bunch, I'm sure they won't go to waste!

• shadowgarden
    17 years ago

I have small to medium sized green apples. Were not sprayed. Look ugly but great for pies, cobbler dumplings etc. I would love to trade some for some veggies,- tomatoes, green peppers, cabbage etc.

• granny57
    17 years ago

Hagey;
    Belated Birthday Wishes!!!
    I was looking in your page and happened to notice you just recently had a Birthday in August, 29 and holding??((Grins))
    So with a big smile!!I say, "Happy Birthday"!!!
    Also, I was wondering if;
    Anyone has any Bears Breeches they want to trade?
    I have been looking for this plant for such a long time.I think it is so pretty and I'd love to have one.
    Thanks,
    Just BEGGING!!!.LOL

• princess_mimi
    17 years ago

Well, I'm sure getting excited. I don't have much to bring but it will still be fun. I do have all the ingredients for my Italian dish!

Happy belated Birthday Betty!

See ya soon!!!!

~~Mimi

• xaroleht
    17 years ago

Ready to finish packing. Will be coming in sometime tonight. I think I'm going to make a squash (out of our garden)dish or two. Always trying something new with the garden veggies. James has some swaps together, not as many as in the past but we don't only come for the plants. Looking forward to seeing all our garden friends. Looks like they are predicting good weather, hope the forcast holds. See you tomorrow. M

• storygardener
    17 years ago

I've got my plants labeled & the magazines bundled. I am going to make my Thai cold noodle peanut salad. While I don't have as many plants as usual and won't take home very many....I am really excited to see swap and gardening friends.

Remember folks....the swap is SATURDAY, September 16 (not 17 like it says in the heading - that was an accidental error)

See you soon.........Beverly

• alison
    17 years ago

Any interest in this big schefflera? It's a tough as nails veteran -- at least 12-14 years old. I've been told it needs to go, doesn't fit our new decor at work, and it's too big to take home.

Sure would like to find this big guy a nice home....
    {{gwi:819160}}

• granny57
    17 years ago

Nice Plant Alison,
    I'm sure you won't have any problen getting that one in a good home.
    Sounds like everyones excited about coming with or with out plants.
    THAT'S MY KINDA PEOPLE!!!
    I always said,The plants were just a BONUS!!!
    Coming to see everyone and Yaking and eating and having FUN!!! That's what it's all about.
    Can't wait to see you all.
    Granny57

• bakemom_gw
    17 years ago

Thanks for a great time and GO BUCKS! Things started looking "normal" for the Buckeyes after I got home. I didn't think I would want much, but there were some nice little goodies I could not resist and a few items that I took for friends.

Here is the Apple Salad Recipe: note: I did use more onion and garlic than I usually do. And, I drenched the apples in fresh squeezed lemon juice for another zip.

Apple-Feta Tossed Salad
    2 T. margarine
    1 cup walnut halves
    1 T. sugar
    1/8 tsp. pepper
    5 cups torn romaine
    5 cups torn red leaf lettuce
    1 green and 1 red apple - chopped (toss in lemon juice)
    1 cup feta cheese

Dressing:
    6 T. olive oil
    2 T. white wine vinegar
    2 T. chopped onion
    1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
    2 chopped garlic cloves
    1/2 tsp sugar
    1/4 tsp. dried oregano
    1/8 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp dried parsley flakes
    1/8 tsp. pepper
    In skillet, melt margarine over medium heat. Add the walnuts, sprinkle with sugar and pepper. Stir to coat and bake on a cookie sheet at 350 for 15 minutes. Stir every five minutes and remove from sheet to cool.
    In a large bowl, combine lettuces, apples and feta cheese. Combine the dressing ingredients and blend. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Top with sugared walnuts
    12 servings -

• granny57
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone!!
    Thank You Diane!!
    It was a Very,Very nice swap.You did a good job. Lots of Fun!!Lots of Friendly Faces,Wonderful Food and of course;The Plants!!!
    Great seeing old faces and putting names to new ones.
    I'm glad I got to come and bring friends with me.
    Beverly/Mimi;
    As always you lite up the party.And love seeing you both.Kiss the boys for me Mimi!!!Tell them I missed them.
    It was nice breaking bread with you Alison and Teri.We'll have to do it again.
    Thank you Noah for the Wonderful drawing you did for me, I will CHERISH it ALWAYS!!!And of course it was so good to see you Michelle and James and Naomi.
    Nice to meet you Twila,Thank You for the sweet trades
    And Betty Thank You as well for all the nice plants you brought me especially the Scooter Hosta. I will always think of you when I look at it.It's very special to me because my mimi pen's name is Scooter.
    Thank You for the wonderful plants I brought home.I ended up with 11 plants,2 of which were grasses.
    Hostalavista;
    You were sadly missed!!!
    I had a great time with you all,And look forward to seeing you again next year.
    Granny57
    Awww,Heck!!!It was WONDERFUL SEEING YOU ALL!!!

• storygardener
    17 years ago

What a fun day!! It was terrific to see so many long time swap friends. Amazing...these swaps have been going on since 2001! Since I hadn't been on the grass all summer, it was a super wonderful time for me running around. The old foot survived. Yay!

I got some wonderful daylilies, heuchera, veronica, balloon flower and more. Thanks to everyone that comes with some a kind and generous spirit.

The food....gardeners sure can cook. Yum. Another wonderful potlock.

A BIG thank you to Diane for putting on the swap this fall. It was really terrific. We all appreciate your efforts to make this day possible. I hope you got enough donations to cover your costs!

I look forward to "seeing" you folks at the Gardenweb and next spring at the park in Hilliard for the spring swap.

Thanks, again Diane!!!!

Beverly, the storygardener

• princess_mimi
    17 years ago

What a great day!

Thank you Diane for putting it all together. I really appreciate the opportunity to be a "civilian"! I also appreciate your letting me take some extras for the courtyard at Memorial Middle School. I know that the 'Blue Muffin' Viburnum will be a great backdrop for the day lillies.

It was so great to see everyone from previous swaps and to get to know the new folks. I also got to know Linda and Lisa as gardeners outside of our usual friendship.

Granny you are too kind! Lee apologizes for not being able to be there to help load your plants. He promises to come in the Spring!

I can't begin to name everyone who brightened up my life today. I just wanted to let you all know how much I enjoyed it.

See you in May!

~~Mimi

• bakemom_gw
    17 years ago

Hey all...some of you expressed interest in winter sowing. All my plants this year for the fall were winter sown and were just beautiful and healthy. If you are interested, please email me, or better yet, post on the Winter Sowing Forum.

Tell them Bakemom sent you. See what happens.

BTW, you will likely get all the seeds you need plus more for postage from our Winter Sowing exchange and the Main Exchange. Winter sowing works GREAT in Ohio!

• dianemgarrett
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi
    We had wonderful weather * food..We had 50 people & about 1000 plants..I want to thank everyone that brough wonderful doorprizes!!.. Also want to thanks everyone that helped during the day!!..We had some nice hosta this year..
    betty.. I lost the name of the nursery in chicothic, ohio that had good prices on hosta??
    mimi or beverly i also need that entainment book web page too. do anyone know of a good hosta catalogue they will send you.. thanks diane cottage blooms

• storygardener
    17 years ago

Hi Diane...again, thanks for all your work and efforts in putting on the swap.

The place in Chillicothe (or is it Circleville )to get great hostas at a good price is Corey's. Betty will have to give you the address.

I don't know about the entertainment book..that's someone else who brought that.

Thanks......Beverly

• granny57
    17 years ago

Hi Diane,
    Getting the Hosta Bug are we?
    Well Diane , Good news for you and the rest of you bargain hunters.
    For you who live in the Hilliard and the Columbus area,Seeley's has a great sale on all their plants.
    Their Hostas are 40% off and let me tell you,They have a great selection and a wide variety to choose from.
    Plus they have 30/80% off store wide.
    I know a good deal when I see one and I love passing bargain news on to other plant and Hosta lovers!!!This is my good deed for the day!!
    Have Fun Shopping!!
    Granny57
    May You Have many Yesterdays!!!

• keets
    17 years ago

Diane, it was a wonderful first swap. I'm hooked! THANK YOU. I enjoyed meeting everyone and hope I am back from Fla. in time to come to the spring one, if not I put my doorprize (forgot to bring, left it in the car where I would not forget it) back for the fall. Thanks so much Margie for the private trade, I loved everything. Cathy, it was good to see you and meet your husband, also thanks for the heads-up on how great this plant swap is, you were right. I got some great plants and beautiful glassware. I was able to get some of the magnificent glassware for my sister who was unable to come. She takes care of her invalid husband. She was delighted with it, wants more. Hopefully next time she can come too. Wish I had known about the Seeleys sale but there is always next fall. Great food and loads of it. I will try to bake two batches of Pecan Cookies next time. Twila

• hagey
    17 years ago

Thanks Diane for all the hard work hosting the Fall Exchange. We had a great time and came home with some lovely plants.
    You wanted to know about Cory's. We usually only go in the spring when we come down to the exchange. I think they have a good selection and good prices. They carry other shade plants and some sun plants beside the hostas. I will give you the details below:
    Cory's Wildflower Gardens
    1461 Valley Dr.
    Chillicothe, OH 45601-1004
    740-774-1771
    robcory@adelphia.net
    Tell them Ron & Betty sent you to one of the best hosta places. They are great people.
    Beverly, your Tellima Fringecup was still setting on the porch when we got home. Sorry but will give it to you later or next year.
    Thanks everyone for our lovely plants.
    Thanks Noah for the beautiful picture and note. Naomi you are such a sweetie and growing up too fast. We will have to think of something for next spring exchange.
    Margie what did you buy at Seeley's? Your car was packed before you came with your first stop at the sales. We did not stop at Seeley's as we were anxious to get home.
    Thanks again Diane and everyone else. Ron & Betty

• granny57
    17 years ago

Hi Betty,
    Your so cute and funny.I know my car was packed before we got to the swap, LOL, We had stopped at Straders before we ever got to the swap.And trust me it was hard to cram in any more plants,But we did.I don't know excatly what my friends bought at Seeley's. But I bought Beauty Substance, Gemini Moon,
    Little Doll,((Beautiful)) Ghost Spirit((Had this one,But wanted another)) And a aureotokadoma I think that's how you spell it.My friends are my legs and arms.They help me alot.And I'm so grateful to them for it.((Smiles))
    Diane, I will bring you something special in the spring.
    Just Because!!!!
    ((Granny57))

• abbiejan
    17 years ago

Hi all -
    SO sorry I missed the swap. I was feeling ill and just couldn't get there. Pity since I had already potted up all my swap plants! (even had a little door prize ready. Sigh...)

Sounds like I missed a great time! (Going to check out Seeley's. Have a few hostas on my "wish list")

Bye for now - Abbie

• ohio_homegrown
    17 years ago

Abbie, you are not alone, I had one of my horrible migraines and it ruined my whole weekend. I had plants all packed up in the car on Friday ready to go. Well, hopefully we will catch it next spring!

Granny, Steph98 and Mimi, I will be emailing you shortly about promised Poppy Seeds.

Diane, I will email you about Toad Lillies, maybe we can work something out.

Linda

• granny57
    17 years ago

Hi Abby, Hi Linda,
    Were sorry you couldn't make it.
    It would have been nice to have met you both.And, YES!!! You did miss out on a Good! Fun! Time!But there's always next year. And we'll all be standing in line for the goodies.LOL
    Abby,
    Have fun at Seeley's,They have a wonderful sale on Hostas.
    Linda,
    Thanks for thinking about me and the Poppie seeds.
    Your very kind to take the time to send them. I got your email.And, I will be on the lookout for the treats!!
    Thanks So Much!!!
    Granny57

• sunburygirl
    17 years ago

Thank you so much, Diane for organizing a great swap! We all had a great time, ate way too much good food, got to talk to many gardners and took home some great plants. The weather was great and Buddy, the mini dog had the time of his life working the crowd and playing with his dog friends. Great time!

Nancy, Karen Joyde, Tammy, Boomer, Buffy, Buddy and Chunky Chick

• granny57
    17 years ago

Hi Linda,((Ohio Homegrown))
    I just wanted to Thank You for the Poppy Seeds.
    I received them and will be sowing them later on today.I hope I can do them as much justice as they look in the photo's you sent.
    They are Beautiful.
    Again, Thank You Much!!!
    Granny57

• storygardener
    17 years ago

Linda and Abbie...I was wondering where you were. Sorry you couldn't make it to the swap. I hope you can come to spring swap.

Murray planted all but two of my plants into the ground.

Granny...you got some nice hostas at Seeleys. Those along with your other garden center plants and swap plants. WOW..you were loaded with plants. Did you end up going to Darby Creek Nursery that day too?

I am going to Michigan one weekend soon. Our friend, Betty (Hagey) invited to go to a swap there. What fun! It will be fun just getting to see Betty and Ron. Plants will be a bonus and Murray won't mind planting them.

Pretty soon...I'll be getting ready for winter sowing.

Enjoy fall all.......Beverly

• granny57
    17 years ago

Hi Beverly,
    To answer your Q?, I did go to Darby Creek Nursery,me and my friends went there after the swap. But they didn't have a good sale like they did last fall.We left there almost empty handed.But we had stopped at Shroders off of 71 on our way to the swap and before we got to the swap. They have some really good sales on their plants.That's where we bought most of our plants that day. On our way home we stopped at Seely's. I ended up buying 4 Hostas and Jacquie and her sister Bobbi bought 4 or 5. And we were loaded for bear.LOL I was in so much pain I couldn't hardly stand it. But It was fun.I couldn't unload my car and lucky for me I have some very able friends who don't mind helping or doing for me.Oh!! If I only Had My Legs Back!!!
    What's this Beverly about you having a Hosta Sale on the 30th? Did you sell them for a business or are they your own??Diane had emailed me with the info and date, But I didn't get the message till after the day of your sale.
    Sorry I missed it. Hope you did a good business!!! Hope you and Betty had fun at the swap.Fill us in on the Goodies you brought home!!
    Keep in touch!!
    Granny57

• storygardener
    17 years ago

Granny...I am not having a hosta sale! I don't have a clue what you are talking about. I'll email Diane and ask her about it. I haven't gardened all summer!

The swap with Betty is this weekend. I'll let you know.

I am glad you had fun getting all your new plants!

Beverly

• granny57
    17 years ago

Beverly,
    You know I should have known Diane wasn't talking about you, It didn't occur to me she wasn't because of the way the email read she sent to me.I guess she thought I knew this other Bev,Not realizing I only Knew The One And Only!
    That would be you.LOL.But I got you goin Hun??Wondering what the bleep I was goin on about!!!LOL
    I will keep in touch and keep tabs on how your getting along.I hope by next spring you'll be bouncing around with the best of'em.
    Take Care
    Hugs To All!!
    Granny57

• bakemom_gw
    17 years ago

That was pretty funny! Thanks for the laugh.

Winter sowing is coming up 12/21. If anyone needs seeds, send me a SASBE and I can set you up with some basic seeds that winter sow well. It's fun and easy. Join us on the Winter Sowing Forum.

• granny57
    17 years ago

Hi Bakemom,
    I have been trying to post on the winter sowing thread and for some reason I can't. I wanted to ask about the Gaillardia seeds you were offering. I'm interested in any you may have left and would like to try my hand at winter sowing for my first time. If your interested in anything, Let me know and I will be sure to try to find it for you. I just need a little info on how to go about it and when I should start. Also I have a Q?? for you. The annual Gaillardia I bought this year called Fanfare has seed heads on it and is still blooming if you can beleive that. Do you think it will ressed it's self? I took some seed heads off and threw some of them back in the ground were they are still blooming and I will keep some for spring just in case.
    I hope I can post this message.
    Talk at you soon.
    Granny57

• storygardener
    17 years ago

Hey Granny...I have Fanfare too. In my experience it doesn't reseed much for me...but, WS easily.

Beverly

• granny57
    17 years ago

Hi Strorygardener,
    Thanks for the info on Fanfare. Sorry it's taken so long to get back in here. Having so much trouble with this thing. And I forgot about the Q? I posted. I will try my hand at WS and hope for the best.I hope your health and foot is all well and look forward to seeing you and everyone else soon.
    Granny57
    Todays Memories Are Tomorrows Tteasures

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH