Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
steph98_gw

Central Ohio Fall Plant Swap?

steph98
16 years ago

Is anyone planning to host a Central Ohio Plant Swap this fall?

If someone wants to plan it, I'd be willing to help out with the organization it as well.

Stephanie

Comments (8)

• storygardener
    16 years ago

Hi Stephanie...I didn't see your post at the Spring Swap thread. (it didn't come to my email for some reason).

There was a women who mentioned she might do it. It was her first time at a swap last spring, I think. I don't know her name. I know that Diane isn't going to be able to do it in the fall as in the past two years.

I know, it's really addictive...swaps and all!! Fun stuff.

September will be exciting for me this year...my son is getting married in Michigan.

Maybe post this at the Ohio Valley Forum too. You might find someone who will help you put it together.

Good gardening....Beverly

• steph98
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Our spring swap mentions Lisa Collier, but I don't see any posting by her. Lisa, are you out there?!
    I'll post under Ohio Valley Forum as well.
    Thanks.
    Stephanie

• jeanne
    16 years ago

I missed the spring swap so I've really been looking forward to a fall swap! How about if we use one of the large non-reservable shelters at Battelle Darby Metro Park? They have two shelters which hold 64 people, they are the only metro park that had electricity available, and there are two shelters so we should probably be able to snag one. The price is right - it's free!

I'm happy to help organize as well - just need to know from our experts what needs to be done!?!

Jeanne

Here is a link that might be useful: facility information

• storygardener
    16 years ago

Hi Jeanne....really, once you get the date and place decided, then you get the word out by posting it in the Get-togethers forum and Ohio Valley Forum.

Feel free to use any or all of the format that Mimi and I have used over the years.

I've got some emails that folks have signed up with. Many aren't good....many are.

You could even have folks bring their own table service and you wouldn't have to buy it. I am pretty sure Mimi would let you use the signs for dividing up the different plants, if you want to do that.

Let me know what else you need from me.

Good luck, ladies! Keep us posted!

Beverly (storygardener)

• steph98
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yeah, I'm glad to see some interest! Jeanne, I'll send you an email directly so we can chat more. Let me know if you have problems receiveing it. Beverly, we'll be in touch with you too, I'm sure.
    Thanks!
    Stephanie

• jeanne
    16 years ago

I got you email Stephanie, lol! And Beverly, I wrote you too. If you don't get it let me know and I'll resend.

How does September 8th sound for everyone? It works well for me and Stephanie, I'd like to throw that date out and see what everyone thinks before we set it in stone.

I'm so excited to get this off the ground!!!

Jeanne

• jeanne
    16 years ago

A couple other thoughts - since these shelters are first come, first serve, I would like to move the beginning of the swap up by one hour. This could give us an extra hour to unload and chat, or we can move the entire itinerary up one hour. If anyone has opinions I'd love to hear them!

I forgot to mention it in our emails Beverly, but I'd certainly appreciate the use of Mimi's signs. Thanks for offering them, lol! But seriously, if she would let us use them that would be great!

I'll wait and see if anyone has suggestions/opinions/advice, and I'll probably start a new thread tomorrow. Woohoo!

Jeanne

• princess_mimi
    16 years ago

Hi Jeanne!

I'd be happy to lend you my signs! I'll bring something Italian for lunch too! I think that September 8th would be fine. Get us more details! I'm excited!

~~Mimi

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting