Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
micky_in

2nd Annual Southern Indy Plant Swap

micky_IN
20 years ago

Anyone from anywhere in Indy and neighboring area/states are invited to come join the fun. The swap will be in September and most anything garden related can be swapped.

If you think you might be interested, please sign up here. I'll be posting all the info for the swap in the next few days.

There will be 'door' prizes just like last year, and some other surprises as well.

Hope to see you at the swap!!

Micky

Comments (7)

• barbs21
    20 years ago

Count us in.

Barb

• icegardensnIN
    20 years ago

Hi Micky, count me in, just give me enough notice to request the day off from work.

Sounds great!

Carol

• micky_IN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Ok y'all, here's the info for the swap.....

It's going to be on saturday September 13th at 2:00 at my house (same place as last year).

WHAT TO SWAP.....plants, seeds, garden items, crafts etc.
    WHAT TO BRING....table and chairs (optional) boxes to carry your stuff in, camera if ya wanna take some pics, whatever you want to drink, and a covered dish.

All I need to know from you is.....how many people are coming with you (I'm providing hot dogs and will need to know how many to buy).

Sometime.... before, during or after the swap, those of you that want to, can take a walk with me through my garden and maybe you'll find a surprise with your name on it. There will also be drawings for prizes.

If you have any questions, please post them here, these posts go to my email anyway.

If anyone needs a map just say the word and I'll get one to you.

If you think you can make it, sign up here.....

Hope to see you on the 13th!!
    Micky

• gentlegardener
    20 years ago

Want to come also.

• micky_IN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

gentlegardener......you have mail.

• micky_IN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Hi everybody,
    Thought I would take a minute and make a suggestion.....how about everyone that plans on attending the swap, post here and list a few of the plants/seeds you plan on swapping, that fall in these catagories......
    1.Most special (something that reminds you of someone, something passed down in your family etc.)
    2. Largest or smallest plant
    3. Strangest/Most unique
    4. Most fragrant
    5. Odd/Prettiest color
    6. Interesting foliage

Also list a few of the things you've been looking for that have so far eluded you.

Posting on here a few things that you plan to bring and what you're looking for will give others a chance to see if they have something you want and vice versa.

So, don't forget to list what you're looking for and what you are bringing......You never know who might have that special something.

I just found out today that one of the Master Gardeners in my area is going to put the info about my swap on the Master Gardener website and in the Master Gardener newsletter this week. That should help to spread the word.....

Micky

• barbs21
    20 years ago

Hi Micky I will be bringing so far:

Begonia's
    Aloe Vera
    Tri color Sweet potatoe plant

Seeds:
    Nasturtium
    Aster with Cocks Comb mixed in
    Hybiscus bush, big D. red bloom
    Confederate Rose, pink
    4 o'clocks, pink

I am looking for tall sunflower seeds and anything with big blooms that doesn't taste good to puppies.

Double rose of sharon
    Also look for seeds for something odd for a eldery lady down the street that gave me the Aster and Hybiscus bush, Cocks comb seeds. She wants something realy odd.

If anyone coming is looking for old bottles email me and I will email you back to let you know what I have. Also have Raggedy Ann and Andy made out of cloths pins.

Sponsored
TR Granite & Stone Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Countertop in Loudoun County, VA