Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_354530

California

Apparently no Californians have get togethers? Have I missed one?

Comments (16)

• Yvonne
    24 years ago

Whoops, for got to note to e-mail me follow-up automatically.

• Marylyn SoCal - 24/23
    24 years ago

I just found this. How about setting another date?
    email me.

• Kathy
    24 years ago

I LIVE IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AND AM INTERESTED IN A PLANT SWAP MEET. E-MAIL ME IF ANYBODY KNOWS ABOUT ONE IN MY AREA.
    THANKS!

• Pat - northern california
    24 years ago

Would like to have a plant swap too! Just retired (not willingly) and now have time to care for a garden. My daughter and I have a community vegetable plot, but I have a large yard that I have to start from scratch. Have lots of bulbs, and will have iris to swap. Pat
    P.S. Please e-mail me!!! Thanks

• Lynn - SO CAL - 9b
    23 years ago

No responses for nearly a year! Is there anyone who'd like to do a Get-Together? I'm sure we'd get great tips and ideas from the Mid-Westerners and Texans. They seem to have lots of them. If you're interested, please answer here or e-mail me.

• Pat 93401i live in 93401
    23 years ago

I live in central
    california and would like to talk to others interested in gardening

• Karen L Thomas 8/9
    23 years ago

I too live in Central California. I love to swap plants & do regularly with other gardeners around here. I am trying new variety of gourds this year. I have an abundance of birdhouse gourds from the past 2 years. I am trying soft wood cuttings for the first time & have some Butterfly bushes sproutng. I love garden tours & really enjoyed this year's & last years's San Francisco Flower Show.

• Sandytaylor z9, CA
    23 years ago

Hi all, I live in Central California too and am interested in penpals, plant swaps and sharing info. I live close to the ocean by Santa Maria. Most everything grows here. Interested in herbs, culinary and healing. Dealing with fruit trees, berries and grapes in my new yard. Love flowers, draught tolerant and all others, actually. Did anyone try to make up a date yet? Sandy

• DREAMINGINSOCAL
    22 years ago

Hi SoCal Gardners,
    The Fullerton Arboratum is having a show and sale October 13 &14. Would anyone like to meet there? We could discuss having a swap of our own.
    Cindy (dreaminginsocal@aol.com)

• kenincalifornia
    22 years ago

I'm game for a meeting and plant swap.
    Ken in San Francisco

• lovetosmellflowers
    22 years ago

I'm interested in meeting people of the same interests of gardening, love butterfly gardens, drought tolerant, email me anytime to chit chat or of any upcoming plant swaps or party get togethers. I'm in Costa Mesa CA

Heck, if I don't hear anything, maybe I will organize myself something
    Tracy

• Swirl_Girl
    22 years ago

Hey, I'm game! Live just north of Los Angeles. LMK. -Chandra

• bug_girl
    22 years ago

I am in San Francisco. If anyone is having a bay area party, please email me. Also try the CA gardening forum. I went on a camilla tour in Walnut Creek.
    Bug Girl

• kozmiccherub
    20 years ago

Hi, I also live in Central California and it would be great if there was a Plant Swap or something around here. I am new to this forum so if any one is interested then you can e-mail me at trat_21@hotmail.com
    thanks, Amber

• ocbird
    20 years ago

For you southern californians, we have a pretty active group of gardeners that get together -- plant exchanges about once a month, and some outings.

Go to the California Gardening forum, and check out the Exchange section.

There is going to be an outing to the Las Pilitas nursery in northern San Diego county in November. If you're interested, please go to the following website and check in:

Here is a link that might be useful: Southern California Fun Gardening Club web site

• stompoutbermuda
    20 years ago

November 2, 2003 there is also going to be a plant swap in Arroyo Grande, Ca. Post in the California group about it.

Sponsored