Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Southern Indiana plant/seed/craft swap

Posted by micky_IN z6 IN (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 30, 02 at 2:02

HI ALL!! I'm seriously considering having a swap in October here in Southern Indy. My only concern is of course, people actually showing up.

I don't mean to sound witchy, but I ask that only the people that are 95% to 100% sure they will come, reply to this post. If I do this, I will have it at my house and before I get everything planned and taken care of I want to make sure it's going to be worth it.

I figure if 30 people sign up, I can expect 15 to show (I know things can come up unexpectedly, even to those who would move heaven and earth to come). Anyway, 15 people would be worth it, 20 would be great any more than that sounds like a party!!! LOL!!

The swap will consist of everyone bringing either, plants, seeds or crafts to swap. I'm sure there are others out there like me, that have no plants to swap but, have plenty of seeds. This is where the crafts play their part. Not many people will want to bring plants and go home with seeds so, the people with plants can trade for crafts if they want.

I'll give more details if and when we have enough people willing to come. All I ask is that when you post saying you'll come, mention what it is you will bring, ie. plants, crafts or seeds. You don't need to list what seeds, plants or crafts you'll bring, just which of the 3, all 3 or whatever.

Hopefully we'll get enough people to sign up and get lots of goodies!!

Micky

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Southern Indiana plant/seed/craft swap

Hi Micky,

Sounds like alot of fun to me. But I would need to know what day, time and where in southern Indiana. I could bring Iris rhizomes. Let me know.
Katie

o

Hi Katie,
Right now I'm pretty sure I'll have it on Sunday Oct 20th, around 1:00 or 2:00.
I'll email everyone that wants to come with complete details and a map of how to get here. I'm approx. an hour south of Speedway In.

I don't want to post my location and addy on here so, if you're planning on coming, LMK and I'll email you the details.

Thanks
Micky

o

HI SOUNDS GREAT TO ME..MY 2 SISTER-IN-LAWS WILL BE JOINING US.I LIVE IN COLUMBUS INDIANA. HOW FAR ARE YOU FRO THERE? WE WILL BE BRINGING SEEDS AND SOME CRAFTS WE HAVE MADE.
MICHELLE

o

Hi Michelle, shall I count you and your SIL's in for the swap? I think it will be lots of fun, hopefully we'll get a good turn out.

I sent you an email, did you get it?

Katie?? Think you can make it?

Micky

o

Hiya Micky!
I would love to come!I missed the Fall Indy swap due to tornado damage so I have bunches of stuff that needs homes.I have a number of shrubs,named daylillies,pink asiatic lillies and a variety of house plants.I would be happy to trade for seeds,plants,crafts,birdhouses-let the trading begin! Lora

o

Hope I can join you all too. I can bring plenty of Cleome seeds. Wondering where location is? Never been to a swap, sounds great. Let me know Micky, thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here