Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
storygardener

Hilliard Fall Swap 2004 discussion continues....

storygardener
19 years ago

Hi folks...since Tiffany's computer doesn't work & Kathy doesn't have access to posting - I'll continue the discussion forum for them. So, if people want to continue to talk about the swap - enjoy!

I'll include the first 100 posts.

...Beverly

Here is a link that might be useful: First 100s posts to Hilliard Fall Swap 2004

Comments (12)

• hagey
    19 years ago

Thanks Beverly for starting up the discussion froum again.
    Thanks Kathy and Tiffany for all your hard work in setting up the great exchange.
    We are already talking about the spring exchange. We want to stay an extra day.
    Thanks Hostalavista for the hosta trade. The babies are all planted and I think they like their new home. Let's do it again next spring.
    All are plants are planted and it is such fun to find so many great plants. Thanks everyone. Ron & Betty

• princess_mimi
    19 years ago

Hi Folks!

I'm posting on behalf of Leigh Ann. She had an unfortunate occurence. Her first pick, Blood Grass, somehow disappeared on the way to her Jeep. I sincerely doubt that anyone intentionally took it. How sad that would be. This was her first pick.If you found it accidentally mixed in with your plants please post here or email me directly at mimi9d@yahoo.com. I will them be sure that she gets it.

Thanks for your help in locating this little lost plant!

Mimi

• storygardener
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Whoopee...Betty & Ron will come for an extra day in the spring!!

I've almost got all my swap plants in the ground. Seems I am collecting iris now. *giggle* It's so exciting!!

Let's see...now I am collecting Heuchera, Phlox, Daylilies, Sedum, crainsbill ....and Iris is coming along too. I've never been shy about buying a plant I REALLY want. But, boy do I LOVE swappin, too!!! My garden is continually growing by leaps & bounds. Thanks to all you great gardeners.

...Beverly

• Dave_Z6
    19 years ago

Char and I had a great time-Thanks Kathy And Tiffany.
    We both were lucky on door prizes.
    No one has mentioned the large quanity of fresh heirloom tomatoes brought to the swap by Wayne and Sherry who live out that way.
    They can be found every Saturday morning at the Worthington Farmer's Market. Their booth is on New England Ave across from the BP Station ( just east of High St. )
    Hope they'll join us again in the spring.
    Cheers,
    Dave

• hostalavista
    19 years ago

Thanks Beverly for starting this post over again. I wouldn't know how to do it, so I'm glad you did.
    I am thinking about the spring swap too.
    My friend is finally envious about this swap and now I know she will come next year. Hopefully I can fit her into my van!
    She is a great gardener and loves the flowers in the woods so she and Shadowgardner/the Terrible will get into conversation, that I am sure of!
    Thanks Betty for the hostas, I do love them, hopefully I will have different ones for you next year!
    Char and Dave so nice to meet you face to face and enjoyed having lunch with you, I also had a great time conversing with Alison and her friends, also loved Alison's Blackberry Cheesecake, a favorite family secret!!.
    And Trish, well what can I say, your daylilies are wonderful, I hope someday I can bring you something you don't have. I wanted the Tangerine Horses, so maybe next spring I'll be lucky enough to get one of those, that is if you bring that one!
    Yes Dave the tomatoes were wonderful, I tried to get at least one of each so I could save seeds for next year.
    Sorry about Leigh Ann loosing her Blood Grass, I'm sure no one took it on purpose, If it will make her feel better, I have tried it down my way and lost it!
    I love my Black Mondo Grass, I hope it makes it through the winter! In fact I love all the plants I recieved! I hope I have some great ones for next spring!
    This is one of the best things to do, so a Big Thank You to Beverly and Mimi for starting this all, and to Tiffany and Kathy , hopefully they will take care of the fall swap.
    I got the rickity 'ole wagon that Mimi picked up from someones trash, I managed to sneek it past my husband, so now when he finally notices it, I'll just say 'OH, I've had that for a long time" hehe Also I was fortunate enough to get Mimi's window in the drawing, I was afraid I was going to be attacked while going to the car.... ha
    Also Alison, I got some starts off of your small leafed lilac, I hope so much that they develope some roots! Will let you know next year!
    Enough for now, Hostalavista Babee!! linda
    I know I have more to say but can't think of it right now....

• bakemom_gw
    19 years ago

Ditto on the blood grass - mine went down like the Titanic in years past so I didn't choose it. Does that help? But the ones at the swap did look nice and healthy - - - - -

Rose, if you're out there, half your garden is now in mine. hehe. Thanks so much.

I hope to see as many of you as possible on the Winter Sowing Forum. We're starting preparations and planning the solstice celebration to start sowing. If anyone needs newbie seed packs, please email me. We have a few new Buckeyes joining our cult...er forum.

• storygardener
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I made Bakemom's yummy apple -feta salad last night for company. Once again, it's a winner. Thanks, Bakemom for posting the recipe.

Bakemom, I am going to try winter sowing this year. I am looking at 5-10 pots of things. See you at the WS forum soon.

Good gardening...Beverly

• bakemom_gw
    19 years ago

5-10 pots. yeah me too.
    (last year 260+)

• sunburygirl
    19 years ago

It was wonderful and Karen and I enjoyed ourselves immensely! Great plants, great food, great company!!! Thanks!

• bakemom_gw
    19 years ago

How about that sloppy joes recipe? Who brought that? Another Karen perhaps?

• storygardener
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Alison...I have Tiffany's phone number - from the sign-in sheet of last spring. Email coming!

Bakemom...I think it was Karen (sunbury girl's friend) that brought those great sloppy joes.

Happy fall...Beverly

• sunburygirl
    19 years ago

Karen Kennedy brought the sloppy joes. I'll have to remind her to post the recipe or give it to me to post!