Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adamm321

Who has the largest plant swap in the country? [g]

AdamM321
19 years ago

Hi,

I was just wondering who might have the largest plant swap in the country? Something actually worth traveling to? I would also be more interested in one in New England. If so, what type of swaps would be featured?

:-)

Adam

Comments (7)

• alison
    19 years ago

I don't know about swaps outside GW, but I'd definitely cast my vote for the Central Ohio spring swap.

May 2004 saw 75 people and over 1800 items.

Any bigger than that and I think I would faint dead away.

• storygardener
    19 years ago

I don't know if the Central Ohio plant swap is the biggest - but, it sure is lots of fun with LOTS of plants. I totally agree with Allison.

I'll link you up to the New England exchange area. They do some talking about some swaps in that area.

The Central Ohio "gang" plans their swaps in this Get-together forum instead of the Ohio Valley Exchange forum because people from Michigan come to our swap and they can't post in the Ohio Valley Forum because they are not from the Ohio Valley area. So, we moved it over to the Get-togethers Forum.

Have you been to any New England swaps? I'd travel for a swap too!

Good gardening...Beverly from Hilliard, Oh

Here is a link that might be useful: New England Exchange Forum

• bakemom_gw
    19 years ago

I'm bringing smelling salts to the Central Ohio Spring 2005 swap . . . .

• AdamM321
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks for all the input. Well, I guess Central Ohio wins then! Thanks for the NE link. I do frequent there. I will have to post to that forum. I will have to remember to think OHIO come spring. How long a drive is it from Massachusetts to Ohio? LOL

;-)
    Adam

• storygardener
    19 years ago

Adam....it's about a 12 hour drive from Boston to Columbus. Where do you live in Mass?

..Beverly

• posiepatti
    19 years ago

Hey there Adam, where are you in MA? I'm in Westfield.

• princess_mimi
    19 years ago

Don't laugh Kevin! I know how crazy we gardeners can get in the spring! Let us know if you need directions ;) !

~~Mimi~~