Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kane county or chicago area midwest fruit explorers

Posted by francis_eric 5 Illinois (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 24, 09 at 15:21

I am making this short for now.
I am always interested In meeting people ,
and I am also intereted In sharing/ trading things like seeds plants
trying new fruits berries medicinal plants (even places recomed to go hiking etc.)

anyways I found this I am not a member it costs 10 dollars a year unfortunatly I work alot, and don't own a vehicle

http://www.midfex.org/

they have fruit tasting of different cultivars different types of fruit,
and at least I think It sounds like a bargin.

copy/pasted from the home page

MidFEx, short for Midwest Fruit Explorers, is a non-profit organization of amateur backyard fruit growing enthusiasts. Most of our members live in the counties surrounding Chicago.

We are crazy about the best tasting, most flavorful fruits that grow well here. We are also interested in growing special, superior and unusual fruits regardless of their appearance or commercial appeal. This includes little known varieties of apples, peaches, pears, plums, grapes and nuts; and more unusual fruits such as the pawpaw, mulberry, persimmon, fig, juneberry, Asian pear, and hardy kiwi. Our members locate, graft, propagate, test, grow and swap these superior fruiting plants, and then get together and share their knowledge.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.midfex.org/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kane county or chicago area midwest fruit explorers

bump

o
RE: kane county or chicago area midwest fruit explorers

It's funny you posted this I just noticed this post by accident.
I am wondering if anyone is a member here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here