Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
any fellow plant lovers in Columbus, OH?

Posted by kjtessanne 5 OH (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 9, 03 at 11:19

Hello!

I am a plant lover who just moved to Columbus in July. I'm wondering if there are more of my kind in the area. I collect mainly houseplants (esp. violets, hoyas, and begonias) but I also love outdoor gardening and growing vegetables. I just moved to a place with a nice backyard so that I can have a garden next year. Always looking for good recommendations for places to buy more plants, although my apt should already have a sign that reads "Welcome to the Jungle"...lol!

Kim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: any fellow plant lovers in Columbus, OH?

Hi Kim!

Welcome to Columbus. Check out the Ohio Valley forum. There are lots of plant lovers from Columbus/Central Ohio there. I bet you'll get some replies to your questions, there, too.

...Beverly (from Hilliard)

Here is a link that might be useful: Ohio Valley Forum

o

We're here! Beverly also organizes a great plant swap in the spring. (We got our planning thread moved and I'm trying to find it)

Karen

o

Welcome Kim! I'm in Dublin. I can grow most anything outdoors but manage to kill most anything indoors :-)

I love The Anderson's General Store's nursery. Also, Baker's and Cedarbrook (both in Shawnee Hills) and Straders.

Rhonda

o

Hi Kim...the Central Ohio plant swap thread is now posted in the Get-togethers forum! Lot's of fellow plant lovers there & all the information about the swap!

...Beverly in Hilliard

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here