Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kjtessanne

any fellow plant lovers in Columbus, OH?

kjtessanne
20 years ago

Hello!

I am a plant lover who just moved to Columbus in July. I'm wondering if there are more of my kind in the area. I collect mainly houseplants (esp. violets, hoyas, and begonias) but I also love outdoor gardening and growing vegetables. I just moved to a place with a nice backyard so that I can have a garden next year. Always looking for good recommendations for places to buy more plants, although my apt should already have a sign that reads "Welcome to the Jungle"...lol!

Kim

Comments (4)

• storygardener
    20 years ago

Hi Kim!

Welcome to Columbus. Check out the Ohio Valley forum. There are lots of plant lovers from Columbus/Central Ohio there. I bet you'll get some replies to your questions, there, too.

...Beverly (from Hilliard)

Here is a link that might be useful: Ohio Valley Forum

• bakemom_gw
    20 years ago

We're here! Beverly also organizes a great plant swap in the spring. (We got our planning thread moved and I'm trying to find it)

Karen

• Photobug
    20 years ago

Welcome Kim! I'm in Dublin. I can grow most anything outdoors but manage to kill most anything indoors :-)

I love The Anderson's General Store's nursery. Also, Baker's and Cedarbrook (both in Shawnee Hills) and Straders.

Rhonda

• storygardener
    20 years ago

Hi Kim...the Central Ohio plant swap thread is now posted in the Get-togethers forum! Lot's of fellow plant lovers there & all the information about the swap!

...Beverly in Hilliard

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022