Return to the Get-Togethers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for dirty hands in California

Posted by LisaBoyer So. Calif. (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 18, 04 at 13:57

Hello.

I was hoping someone here could direct me to a local group, one that meets and swaps or just talks dirt. I live in the Pomona Valley, however, I am not opposed to driving 50 miles in any direction.

Looking forward to meeting soon :)

Lisa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for dirty hands in California

• Posted by Mikey SoCA-Z10-22/23 (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 27, 04 at 13:56

Hi Lisa. As far as meetings for a gardening club in your area, I suggest contacting some nurseries in your area or posting something on the California forum.

Over on the California forum, on the "Exchanges" side you will often see someone from the southern CA area organizing a plant swap. However, most of these take place in the spring and early summer. You just have to check in on the CA Exchange forum now and then. I've been to several and hope to host one as soon as I retire. Plant swaps have been held in Redlands, Costa Mesa, Norco, Buena Park, Fontana, south Orange County and probably elsewhere. The "Coversations" side of the same forum will also sometimes get folks together to raid a designated nursery.

Additionally, there are garden tours in the southern CA area every spring. You just have to keep your eyes and ears open for them. One of my favorite spring garden tours is the MaryLou Heard Memorial Garden Tour which usually occurs in May. It's free and you can contact someone at this site for more information: MaryLou Heard Memorial Garden Tour

Stella_Blue (Mary) of the GW organized the below group a couple of years ago for locals but there isn't much activity on the board now.

Here is a link that might be useful: Southern CA Fun Gardening Club

o
RE: looking for dirty hands in California

any central ca gardeners out there?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Get-Togethers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here