Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Three Different Colors on One Plant

Posted by bossjim1 z9 TX (My Page) on
Sat, May 6, 06 at 10:44

Is this unusual, or just new to me? I bought 3 of these pelargoniums named "Confetti". The color was supposed to be like the second photo and is on 2 plants, but this one has three different colored blooms.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Three Different Colors on One Plant

Hope you're not complaining!! LOL I'd love to have that!!Gorgeous.But sorry i don't have an answer for you.
Kathi

o

Very unusual. Is it grown in shade as the leaves lack the zones.

o

Greenlarry, It is in full sun until about 2pm, then starts receiving some shade.

o

It could be a sport. In that case, the 'odd' flowers have either reverted to the parents or are different plants. I would take cuttings from the stalks with the odd flowers on and when the cuttings flower, cut off any flower stalks that revert to the original Confetti plant. Cut them back right where they join the stem though.

Callum

o

Thanks, Callum, I will.
Jim

o

I have one geranium plant have the same phenomena, different colors on the same plant but watching it reveals that the same flower change the color when aging, so if you have a fresh one, and a one week flower and two weeks flower they will look different in color, try watching them

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here