Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to prune this geranium bush?

Posted by a.shau 8b (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 4, 14 at 2:17

Hi! This geranium came with the backyard of my rental. Can anyone give me tips on how to prune/clean this up? also, is it suffering from any pest infestations or disease? It's always looked kind of unhealthy, but not sure if that's just because it's not kept well... Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to prune this geranium bush?

You have a case of leaf spot on that geranium. I would trim it right back until all the spotted leaves are gone and dispose of them in a garbage bag--do not compost. Make sure you clean up and dead leaves that have fallen and pick off dead or half dead leaves.

When you are trimming it try to trim back to a leaf joint. All new growth comes from a leaf joint. Then spray it with a fungicide for leaf spot. Get some time release fertilizer and sprinkle it as per package directions in the soil around the plant and scratch it into the soil so it stays there when watering.

Pruning back a geranium is the best way to promote new growth. Remember all new growth comes from a leaf joint so cut just above it

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here