Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Late start...

Posted by shawnee (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 15, 06 at 5:54

I have been told I am starting too late on geraniums from seed and wondered if anyone out there has bought geranium plugs before and where they purchased them. For resale in May to June IS this too late to start? Placed seed orders in Jan. and thought they would send right away. Had to call them all and prod them into action. Learned lesson hard way. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Late start...

You haven't said just where you live......so if we're talking California or Florida, you may think its too late.
But its not....spring or summer is still a good time to plant seeds for zonal or other pelargoniums.

Geranium is not a plant to want to copy its parents...they are particularly unreliable in this way.
Martha Washingtons..(Regal geraniums) also do not lend themselves to good seed germination.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here