Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rosebud geranium

Posted by trailer_gal z4 ND (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 26, 13 at 22:27

I was looking on Ebay at geranium seed and ran across one called Apple blossom. The picture looked exactly like the old fashioned Rosebud apple blossom geranium. Can Rosebud be started from seed? I thought they could only be started from cuttings. Maybe he just has the wrong picture posted.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rosebud geranium

I don't think they are the same. There are many varieties of geraniums with a color called appleblossom. I know the Maverick strain has one because I've grown it. They are called appleblossom because the flower is the color of appleblossoms with a rose center and pale pink petals just like apple blossoms have

o
RE: Rosebud geranium

I did get in touch with the seller and he said that he doesn't raise the geraniums for the seed he has on ebay and that the supplier he gets his seed from provides the pictures of plants. This was a case of the wrong picture. Cannot start the Rosebud from seed.
Mystery solved.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here