Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few stems on Ivy Pelargonium growing straight up

Posted by mehearty So ME z4/5 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 10, 08 at 9:32

Hi,

I am wondering if I should keep cutting back these straight up stems, or will they eventually turn downward from their own wieght? There are some really nice, cascading stems on each plant, and I want it to continue with that look.

Thank you in advance
=) MH

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few stems on Ivy Pelargonium growing straight up

Just found your post--I carried over some ivy geraniums from last year and I am letting them fall by their own wt. I had trimmed them way back in the fall after bringing them indoors for the winter. They have filled out real nice. I have them in a sun room that gets lots of light so I just keep them potted. They get white flies in the house so I spray with a soap/alcohol solution about once a week along with a good spray of water.

Kathryn

o

I just let my pelagoriums do whatever they want.They are in bud now,so in a few days i'll post pictures to show you the blooms.
Kathi

o

Thank you Kathryn & Kathi =) I've noticed that some of the tall stems have bent (it's possible that my kids bumped into them). There's a tear where they've bent, and I wonder if I should come up with some sort of plant bandaid?

Kathi, I overwintered mine in a sun room indoors so even though they're not blooming like crazy, they've had a few blooms throughout the winter. I'm just thrilled with them.

Do post pics when you can!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here