Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
geraniums

Posted by liz62 6 (marthaandrews4811@yahoo.com) on
Sun, Mar 25, 12 at 18:35

I am trying to wake up my Geraniums, I brought it out and it has white stems on the tops of the others. I don't know what to do now, any suggestions would be helpful. I think it is still growing but I can't take a picture because I forgot my password on Imageshack.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: geraniums

Put them in light but not direct light--just so they are getting some light and give them a small drink--not too much. They have to grow back their feeder roots and too much water will kill them. Gradually over the next 2 weeks give them more light and water. The white stems means they grew a little but there was no light so they went white

o

ok, one of my other pages on gardening says to put them outside in the shade, but the temperature is in the 30's right now, isn't that a little too cold for them? I think I can put them in the entry way, there is a little bit of light out there and it is not too hot or cold. I hope they will grow and bloom for me this summer, I really loved seeing the pink flowers and buds.

o

Putting them outside in cold weather freezing weather is a sure way to kill them. Just keep them inside and when they actively start to grow move them into the best light you can give them. When the weather warms in the day you can put them outside in the day and bring them in at night. Put them in the shade at first and gradually over the next week let them have more and more sun. When all danger of frost has past then set them outside all the time. By then they should have good growth

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here