Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Bad!

Posted by desertdance So CA Zone 9b (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 9, 14 at 20:57

I have sinned. I took a cutting with no permission. I shall do penance!

A year ago we purchased a very neglected property 1.5 acres of pure overgrown neglect with a neglected home on it.

While the contractors did their remodel, we stayed at motels now and then. One day, I saw a beautiful geranium. ShhhhhI I strolled by, and snapped a cutting. I stuck it in one of the existing planters here, near a dripper and forgot about it.

It is now blooming and is light and dark pink together, but on the warm side of pink.

It's a common type and the leaves have practically no zone color.

We inherited a beautiful lavender geranium which I have stuck in the dirt here and there and now have many plants. What is this one called?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The lavender next to that warm pink will be spectacular!

The pink one only has 3 blossoms open with many to follow. Here is the pink one:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Can you ID them?

Thanks!

Suzi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Bad!

I'm not sure what variety the first picture is. It could be any one of several varieties.

The second photo--the pink one is a variety called "Freckles" You can see by the mottling that this variety is well named

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here