Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
big geranium leaf

Posted by joanmcbrien (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 11, 07 at 10:40

I have a large geranium, 3 foot and still growing, and the leaves are 10" across. Is this unusual?
regards
Joan McBrien

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: big geranium leaf

Joan, is this a perennial geranium? Do you know the name?

o

It is the same type as the scarlet ones sold as bedding plants. This one was from a cutting I brought back from Cyprus last year it has grown to 3 foot plus since I planted it in August 06 and has just started to flower - a nice 'lipstick' pink.
regards
Joan

o

I must say, I've never heard or seen any "zonal" Pelargonium with leaves that big, and at best perhaps four inches wide. Might be a very unusual variety though! Of course it does bring to mind though, that too much nitrogen can cause exceptionally large leaves, but at the expense of flowering usually, and I'd wonder if it's flowering right now with such big leaves? Low nitrogen fertilizers are generally recommended !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here