Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maryellen_gw

where to buy scented geraniums?

MaryEllen
20 years ago

I want some scented geraniums. where should I buy them from?

Comments (16)

• melrt968
    20 years ago

Hi Mary-Ellen
    I grow a few scented pelargoniums, I try to buy my plants at nurseries or garden centers where I can see the plant and smell the foliage. If you like citrus smelling plants I would recomend "Frensham" and "Mabel Grey" other plants worth trying are "Royal Oak" (which you will love or hate) and "Lady Plymouth" an old variegated form of P. graveolens.
    With the exception of Mabel Grey the others are easy to propagate

• purpleceej
    20 years ago

Hi! I have many Scented Pelargoniums. They are wonderful. I would highly reccommend Papagenos.com and Holtgeraniums.com. I have had much success with these sites. They have reasonable prices and healthy plants. Let me know if you would like some cuttings from what I have...

C.j.

• plantastic
    20 years ago

Why not look up www.richters.com they're in Ontario but ship worldwide and have a huge selection of scented geraniums (over 50 by my rough count) and also have a printed catalogue. I've ordered from them for years and had very few failures.Also have a printed catalogue.Lots of other herb thingies too.

• MaryEllen
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Thanks for the responses! Purpleceej, I appreciate your offer> I sent you an e mail. Thank you Mary ellen

• AdamM321
    19 years ago

Hi,

I was just doing a search on where to buy pelargoniums and found this thread. I wanted to point out that HoltGeraniums has a TERRIBLE reputation according to gardenwatchdog. Too bad their website offered a large selection.

Adam

• AdamM321
    19 years ago

Just looked up Richter's and they are even worse than Holt's.

Adam

• kathy_ann
    19 years ago

I have to agree with adam on richters, I've bought from them before, and their terrible, but they do refund your money with no questions asked, and I do mean no questions asked. You tell them the plant is dead they refund no questions asked LOL . Hobbs has some scented geraniums, there's a guy selling scenteds on ebay right now. You'll have to do a search on hobbs I can't remember the name, type in hobbs nursery it will come up. you can find good web sites through the gardenwatch dog on whom to buy scenteds from . I have 4 of them now, and trading for others. I have recently posted I was looking for some to trade. glad to find the new web sites, papa genos I read a couple of bad reviews on garden watch dog for them too. I think nothymeproductions or something like that has them, their also on the gardenwatchdog, looking up scented geraniums their web site came up.

kathy_ann

• claudia_1078
    19 years ago

I just received the new catalog from Killdeer Farms, Ridgefield, WA. Very good choice of scented geraniums (ca. 130 differend kinds). Good prices. Their website: www.killdeerfarms.com. I dont know the company - check with garden watchdog.
    Good growing Claudia

• lblack61
    19 years ago

I have ordered several live plants from Richters and haven't had a problem. It was looking at their catalog that got me thinking about purchasing pergolariums.
    Unlike other nurseries, the plants I ordered from Richters were consistently in excellent health, as if I had just went there and picked them out myself!
    Is it the pergolariums themselves that they do poorly at? If so, I will have to find another option.

• piegirl
    19 years ago

I am new to this forum but not garden web. Papageno's is located in my home territory. He has an amazing number of scented geraniums and did at one time produce a catalogue. Each spring he has a sale of surplus plants and they are always topnotch. Also walked thru his greenhouses and the plants are always beautiful. Maybe s. ger. don't ship well, but I know the plants start out beautiful. Piegirl

• PRO
    Earthly Delights Gardens
    19 years ago

I just posted this as an answer to another query but I cannot recommend this website highly enough. Great plants and great customer service!

Here is a link that might be useful: No Thyme Productions

• bsg1
    19 years ago

I totally agree with April, I purchased two scented geraniums from No Thyme last March, Cody's Nutmeg and Cinnamon Rose, although small at first, they had great root systems and both took off like wildfire. Cody's Nutmeg began blooming for me just this week - I recommend both the cultivars and the seller highly!

Good Luck,

Beth

• AdamM321
    19 years ago

Hi,

I found a website called Geraniaceae and made an order there but won't get the plants for a few months. I will let you know how it works out. The person I spoke with was VERY helpful in helping me find plants that fit what I was looking for. The prices were in line with everyone else's. Website was great to navigate with good photos and descriptions.

Adam

• cajungardener
    19 years ago

I have had good experiencs with Papa Genos and with Deep Roots in Alabama.

• cajungardener
    19 years ago

My apologies to Deep Roots, they are located in Georgia not Alabama and the service is great. Very knowledgable and a fast turnaround.

• dwlmatthews
    15 years ago

This site has useful links to mail order geraniums of all sorts.

Here is a link that might be useful: Geraniums