Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wallichianum Geranium 'Shocking Blue'

Posted by schifferle 5b NE Kansas (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 23, 09 at 12:05

I'm unsure of the best place of two locations to plant my Wallichianum Geranium 'Shocking Blue'. Both sites are on the east side of my house, but come summer it means that I get hot Kansas sun until the late afternoon. The one spot would get full sun and the other is by a young Japanese Maple which is close to some Red Maples, so it would get part shade going into the afternoon. I'm not sure how much sun it can take. The geraniums on the west side of the house that get the brutal afternoon sun do well under my large trees. I'm fairly new to Hardy Geraniums and I've only gotten familiar with Dily, Brookside & Rozanne.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wallichianum Geranium 'Shocking Blue'

I've always considered G. wallichianum to be more sun/heat tolerant than most other Geraniums. I know up here, for example, Geranium 'Rozanne' (which has G. wallichianum as a parent), prefers full sun.

I would suggest trying to position your new 'Shocking Blue' in a similar environment as your 'Rozanne' and go from there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here