Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
zonal geranium blooms - pics

Posted by central_cali369 z9b CA (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 9, 08 at 13:53

My zonal geranium cuttings that i started in Jan have been bloomin since late February. I have mass reproduced them for mass planting throughout the yard. Here are a couple of pics. These will form nice, evergreen hedges within this year, and the best part is that they bloom 10 out of 12 months.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: zonal geranium blooms - pics

Hello! It's an honor to be the "first" *smiles*. Anyway, these are my babies. The coral one in the blue pot I grew from a piece that had fallen off of the moma; it must have been only 2 inches long when I started just in May of last year, maybe later than that like July.

Photobucket Photobucket

This is my "friendship plant" that my garden buddy bought for me. I was sooo afraid to have it b/c I have failed at "ivy" plants like other ivy geraniums and just regular ivies. However, this one has been going good. I guess because it was given with love....

Photobucket Photobucket

This one I bought for the mixed pot that it's a part of. I'm not usually a "red flower" person but when I saw this one I fell in love with it....

Photobucket

Over in the big, round, clay pot is a fusia geranium that I bought just b/c I wanted something to put in that pot, but what I love about it is that the two blooms on the end have been blooming for almost 3 weeks now! I know, that's crazy!!! That's a biggie for where I live.....

Photobucket Photobucket

I couldn't leave out my newest "baby". I cut this one off of the momma that's planted at my mom's house b/c it was too leggy, so I'm nursing it like I did the coral one. I'm excited to see how well it does. It's a very light pink edging with a slightly deeper pink center..........Sorry for the poor quality of the pic I was trying to snap it quickly...

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here