Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
perennial geranium name

Posted by piegirl z5NELin (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 25, 06 at 15:03

My neighbor gave me starts of a perennial geranium - it has soft fuzzie leaves, smells like apples, has hot pink flowers. And it has survived Nebraska winters and drought in the summer. I am having a plant sale and would like to know its correct name. The neighbor has since moved away.
Thanks in advance - piegirl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: perennial geranium name

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 28, 06 at 20:54

Hi,
It is a variety of geranium macrorrhizum. If you do a google photo search, maybe you can find an exact match.
Remy

o
RE: identifying geraniums

Never been to this forum before but I'm hoping some of you geranium experts can advise. I have now aquired several different varieties and am trying to name them. Some which came named seem to be different shades of color in their flowers, and even the height descriptions seem off. How much does the soil type and number of hours in sun/shade effect the coloring and growth of these plants? What is the best method to identify accurately these plants? Thanking you all in advance, Barb

o

Barb, soil type and amount of sun can drastically change the look of the geranium.

You can google the name of the geranium (or try google for images) and see if they are close.

o

here is a brillant web site packed with photos of Geraniums

Here is a link that might be useful: hardy Geraniums

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here