Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tall Geraniums

Posted by mark_fields z5 MO (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 9, 13 at 17:28

A few years back I was looking for an old fashioned geranium that grew tall, with red or pink blooms. The plants reached somewhere around 3' tall at it's best. They were somewhat "leggier" and more open than modern geraniums.

I thought I'd post again to see if anyone has come across these old style geraniums since then. If so, I'd like to hear about them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tall Geraniums

Do a search for pillar geraniums....here is a link to the Ecke site.

Some local garden centres sell them around here (Ontario).

Here is a link that might be useful: pillar geraniums

o

Hi Mark,

Did that help? Is that what type you were talking about or similar enough?

Patty

o

I believe I have a pillar type geranium that is about 5-6 yrs old it is beautiful but has not flowered this year yet- can anyone suggest why? Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here