Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
white stuff on pelargonium

Posted by mercy_leigh 9b (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 28, 14 at 20:11

A couple of flower stems on my ivy geranium were coated in silky, white fluff and on each stem were small (2cm), white bugs that looked like a tiny grasshoppers. As this plant is special to the Mr. and myself, I check on it daily so I am certain these critters appeared in the past 24 hours. Unfortunately I was so startled when I noticed the problem this morning that I quickly dispatched the bugs and cleaned the affected flower stems before thinking to take a photograph. The white fluff resembles the fluff left by foliar mealy bugs but the insects did not look like mealy bugs or aphids. The plant looks fabulous and is not showing any stress or failing, yet *touch wood*.

Does anyone have any ideas of what could be imposing on my precious pelargonium or what treatment I should pursue if it returns? I suppose the hoppers may not have been the cause but they are the prime suspects at the moment.

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here